Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.10

    This week's lovely tattooed lady is Ms. Julia Blake! I met Julia just this year, through blogging, and as it turns out, we have a lot of mutual friends. I definitely hope to meet her one day soon. She's super adorable and has some great tattoos! I know you will definitely enjoy this feature. So...here's Julia!



    Name and blog name: Julia (http://juliaxblake.blogspot.com)

    Tattoo/location: Sailor girl set inside of a lifesaver that reads "anchors aweigh" featured on my upper back

    Artist/shop/location: Cory Lenherr in Phoenix, AZ



    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    The tattoo I am sharing with you is a traditional piece featured on my upper back. This tattoo was the first one I got and I wanted to go with something in my favorite style of tattooing, traditional. I came up with the idea to get a nautical themed tattoo because I knew it was going to be classic and would go along with other tattoos I have planned to get in the future. It reads "Anchors Aweigh" inside of the lifesaver, which is a song sang in the Navy. My grandfather was in the Navy and out of all of my relatives I was closest to him (he has now passed)... so I thought it would be nice to incorporate a 'bit of him' into my tattoo. It worked out perfect!

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    I do! I have both of my feet covered. On my right foot I have a pirate girl (whom I love because she looks super sassy) and on my left foot I have a pirate man (he's my favorite).







    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Yes! I'm getting my right upper thigh/hip tattooed in a few months and then when I move to England in July I already have an appointment to start my sleeve on my left arm. In time I'd like to get both of ribs done, as well as my left upper thigh/ hip.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    Since I was younger I had always told my parents that I wanted to get tattooed, so after hearing it for so long they were prepared for it by the time I did. My family is pretty conservative but my parents always taught my sisters and I to be ourselves no matter what. I spent most of my life growing up in Scottsdale, AZ where it's pretty conservative and not a lot of people really "get" why people get tattoos. I found that in my neighborhood and high school it was pretty frowned upon, which really didn't bother me because I didn't really hangout with anyone from my school/ neighborhood. Since moving to San Diego it's rare that anyone looks at me negatively for having tattoos; the ones that make comments are usually just asking questions about them. As for the friends, most of mine are tattooed so they are obviously supportive :)

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    I was pretty lucky because I had some older friends to direct me in tattoo "do's" and "don'ts". First being to do your research on an artist to get tattooed by. Second, don't go to someone who is going to give you a deal.. good tattoos aren't bargains (I have never had this experience but I have some friends who have gone this route and ended up regretting it). Also speak up if you want something changed on the sketch, this will be on you forever. Last and most importantly, get something that will make you happy!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/tattoo-tuesday-v10.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List