Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guest post from Mandy/She Breathes Deeply!

    Today one of my newer blog pals Mandy is here to share a fun top 8 list with all of us! I mentioned Mandy recently in my list of "new blogs I love," and really, I can't get enough of her little home on the internet. I've loved watching her pregnancy move along, learning about her super sweet love story with her husband, and reading all about her day to day life. She's a wonderful soul and she's one of those bloggers where it just makes you happy to visit her site and read her words. Thank you Mandy for sharing a post with us today...and good luck with your little one, as your time gets closer! So exciting!





    Top 8 Ways To Feel All Warm and Fuzzy This Fall/Winter.



    By Mandy Reid (www.mandysuzannereid.blogspot.com)



    With Fall here, and winter looming around just around the corner, I thought it was about time to get in the mood for the winter season. Here is my top ten "warm and fuzzy inspirations" for this winter.



    1. Keep someone warm.



    (source: www.examiner.com)



    Let's admit it. We all love clothes. If you are anything like me, you have last years styles bursting out of your closet, barely ever worn. It is time to clean out! And what better reason to clean out your closet than for a good cause?



    Goodwill, a homeless shelter, or any great charity that accepts donations will gladly and thankfully take all the clothes you really don't need. And just think... you will be helping keep someone stay warm this cold winter season, and/or helping them raise money by selling your clothes to create jobs for people who may be down and out.



    2. Go thrifting!







    Speaking of Goodwill, winter is a perfect time to go thrifting! Something I love about Fall/Winter is all the great layers of clothing I can wear. I found a really great over sized lumbar jack plaid shirt at Goodwill for $4.00. You can't beat that price. Plus, most thrift stores support a good cause. (And you are also supporting another good cause... the going easy on your back account cause!) I mean, really, how much more hip and green can you get than thrifting your style this fall/winter season?



    3. Treat your skin nice.



    (source: prepardnesspro.com)



    I don't know about you, but I get terrible dry skin in the winter. Thankfully, I have found a wonderful remedy. Four words: Organic. Virgin. Coconut. Oil. This oil is simply a dream. I started researching different all natural remedies for skin, and I came across a ton of information on this great oil. Basically, in a nutshell (no pun intended), it is a natural antibacterial that will make your skin look moisturized and healthy. It is full of the GOOD fatty acids, that make your skin softer than a baby's bottom.



    How to use it: After showering, I use a little oil (it goes a long way) everywhere; limbs, hands, feet, and even my face. I let it sit for a couple minutes and then pat myself dry of the excess oil. My skin looks and feels great for the rest of the day.



    I use this oil to help with stretch marks (I'm 5 and a half months pregnant), wrinkle and fine line prevention, tattoo moisturizer, and acne. Yes, acne. I am no doctor or dermatologist, so ALWAYS check with your doctor before use. (Google Virgin Coconut Oil for more info.)



    4. Drink Organic Hot Chocolate.



    (source: bostonherald.com)



    With marsh mellows, of course. Some of my favorite memories of the past two Christmas's is bundling up in tons of layers, and walking hand in hand with my husband to a local coffee shop to drink hot chocolate. With cold noses, we would sit close and sip our hot chocolate, while having a great heart to heart talk. You just can't replace memories like those. : )



    5. Write a handwritten letter.



    (Source: http://www.ohdeedoh.com)



    Write someone a letter telling them 10 things you love about them. Then mail it to them. I promise; it will make you and them feel all warm and fuzzy.



    6. Bake cookies for someone who is sad.



    (source: www.goodnewsisnews.com)



    We all know someone going through a hard time. Maybe they are alone during the holidays. Maybe they just need a friend. Bake them some homemade Christmas cookies and deliver them personally to their house. They will feel loved. : )



    7. Take a hike.



    (source: http://www.tedvillaire.com)



    Grab the hand of someone you love, and get a head start on your soon to be New Years Resolution to get in shape. Find a great park, a great friend, and commit to hiking at least twice a week. The fresh air will lift your spirits, as well as your rear end.



    8. Make lots of memories.



    (source: http://www.pxleyes.com)



    Enjoy this fall/winter season. Make lots of memories. Write them down in a journal. Take pictures. Make mix c.d.'s of songs that remind you of this time. Life is short. Love and live to its fullest.





    Love,

    Mandy from She Breathes Deeply

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/12/guest-post-from-mandyshe-breathes.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive