Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Guest post from Sarah/No Thank You Bite!

    Oh I am so excited to share this post with all of you!  The lovely lady behind the recipe and the blog is my longtime friend Sarah.  She's the sweetest, cutest, spunkiest little lady I know and it's my pleasure to host her here.  I've extolled Sarah's blog's virtues numerous times here and today is no different- if you don't follow her, you SHOULD.  And you should right now. Just click right here, head over, and say hello!  With that simple click you'll be filling your need for witty banter, delicious food, and fun photos. Trust me. So with that out of the way, here's the sweet Sarah with her yummy looking recipe utilizing one of my favorite fruits in the whole world.  Enjoy!  And thank you Sarah. :)

     
    Hi, Sometimes Sweet readers! I'm Sarah, from a little blog I like to call No Thank You Bite. I like to cook, talk about my cats and my shoes. Thrilling, isn't it? Anyway, I've known Dani since I was 19, during the days of Fake ID's (for me anyway) and pink hair! If I know one thing about her, it's her undying love for fresh fruits and vegetables, more specifically...apples. When she was pregnant with sweet Henry she said she'd have at least 3 a day! Holy moly! While 3 apples a day are great and everything, how about said apples with lots of sugar and butter and other things that love to be bad for you? Before we get started, let's quickly note how cute my sweater is:
     
     
    Right? I'm in love. ANYWHO, let's make an apple crisp!
     
     
    Los Rios Apple Crisp
    Recipe from Sunset Mag
     

  • 8  cups  peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples - Now, call me what you will, but I'd rather chop them into mini wedges and keep the skin on than peel them and slice thinly. A rebel? Perhaps.

  • 1/2  cup  granulated sugar

  • 3/4  cup  plus 2 tablespoons unbleached or regular all-purpose flour

  • 2  teaspoons  ground cinnamon

  • 1  cup  regular rolled oats - I forgot to buy oats. Oops.

  • 3/4  cup  firmly packed brown sugar

  • 1/2  cup  (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into 1/2-inch chunks

  • 3/4  cup  chopped pecans - I rebelled against this one too and used almonds. And frankly? You could quite possibly use any nut you desire! (That's what she said! Appropriate? Probably not....but you were all thinking it!)

  •  
     
    In a 9-inch square baking dish or shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole (or do what I did, and use a mixing bowl first!), mix apples with pecans/almonds.
     
     
    Stir in granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 of the brown sugar.
     
     
    In a separate bowl, combine remaining flour, rolled oats (if you have a better memory than me and actually remember to get them!), butter and 3/4 cup flour. You're gonna have to get down and dirty in this part and use your fingers to combine your butter until it's blended nicely.
     
     
    Sprinkle entire mixture over top of apple mixture in baking dish until almost completely covered and bake that puppy at 350 degrees until apples are tender and topping is browned. About 45 minutes.
     
     
    And there we have it, darlings! It's an easier version of apple pie and your tummies will be oh-so-satisfied. If you wanna get crazy, put a dollup (is that a word?) of whip cream or vanilla bean ice cream on top. Mmm, now I want to go back for seconds!
     
    xo.
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/01/guest-post-from-sarahno-thank-you-bite.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive