Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.90


    Name and blog name: Charley // thecharleygirl.blogspot.com

    Age: 23

    Occupation: Stylist/ Blogger

    Age of first tattoo: 17 in a guy's (not a tattooer) bedroom. They were little music notes on my foot that are now completely covered up by my yellow roses.

    Favorite tattoo: I have two russian nesting dolls on my right forearm, one for each of my little sisters Chase and Chandler who are my favorite people in the world!


    Featured tattoo/location: The 70's inspired owl on my upper left arm.


    Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: The first of many by my good friend and talented artist, Jasmine Wright of Buju Tattoo in San Diego, CA.


    1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    It was my first large tattoo, first with color, first on my arm and the first of many by Jasmine (who did it while she was still apprenticing). I've been collecting owls my entire life, I love that they represent wisdom and happen to be completely adorable. Also, being an avid thrifter and lover of all things vintage, owl goodies were always around my thrift store excursions as a kid, thus my collection and love for them grew. I actually have two owl tattoos so far and hopefully I'll add more!

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 

    I have my entire sleeve on my right arm which includes another owl, a unicorn, pocket watch, venus flytrap, cowgirl boots, a potion bottle, scorpion, and more! I also have a peacock feather on my leg, and the letter V (for vegetarian) on the back of my neck.


    3) Do you plan on getting more? 

    I have an appointment next week actually! The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favorite movies and I'm getting "Don't dream it, be it" tattooed on my thigh.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

    It's been almost totally positive. Everyday people come up to me and want to look and ask me about my tattoos, I love being able to educate people and be involved in such a great community. My friends and family are very openminded and have always nurtured my creativity and taught me to celebrate the things that make you unique. My boyfriend has no tattoos! We met over 6 years ago when I had no tattoos at all. He's not planning on getting any in the near future but he loves my tattoos. I'll support whatever decision he makes with his tattoos, or lack there of.

    (Wallas doesn't have any tattoos either.)

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    Pick a great tattooer. Do your research, choose someone who isn't only talented but really respects your style and what you want to express. Stay true to yourself and get what makes you happy!

     
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/10/tattoo-tuesday-v90.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List