Monday, July 25, 2011

Guest Post: Adie


    Hi, I'm Adie and I totally hijacked Danielle's blog!! Bwahahahaha! Now you are all held captive as I share my life with you! Don't even think of clicking the back button...you're stuck here, and you’re going to like it! Hehe!

    Alright, now on the the meat and potatoes :

    If you are one of my real life pals or read my blog, you're probably pretty familiar (perhaps tooooo familiar) with the craziest thing I've ever done. A couple of weekends ago, I threw my hat into the ring and went to a casting call for the new Lifetime show, Project Accessory. That's right. I tried to be on TV. Adie. Me. I auditioned for television. The show is a Project Runway spinoff (same producers and all that stuff) for accessory designers like me who want to compete to win a big ol' prize to kick start their line. I was reaaaaalllyy nervous, but I just dusted off my courage and did it. (You can read more about that stuff here if you're interested)
     

    After I came back home to good old Prescott, I formulated a list of things I learned about myself (and TV) in the process so here that is:
    ONE: Their world is television. Mine is design (dare I call it that). I'll be fine in mine, whether or not I end up in theirs. Same can be said for any other goal/job/aspiration. Just tell yourself as you go in for the interview, or what have you, "Their world is ____, and mine is ____. I'll be fine in mine whether or not I end up in theirs." Because, no matter what, being you and loving you because you're amazing is the most important thing of all! It'll sustain you in times of feast or famine...love yourself first!

    TWO: Nothing is too big for little old Adie. (Insert your name here: Nothing is too big for little old ____)

    THREE: I should really practice putting on deoderant. Especially when I'm going to spend a full day nervous sweating. Yep, not smelling like a mix between hippie/dog/hamburger/etc etc would have been helpful.

    FOUR: Always bring a jacket to cover up your raunchy pits, Adie (see point #3 above).

    FIVE: Don't over-edit. Bring it all, let them see it all. If it's part of your "story" than it is relevant.


    SIX: When driving, even though you're excited to go try out for TV in Los Angeles and all, don't follow Highway Patrol cars too close while singing to Ellie Goulding to yourself. That'll get you pulled over. But you'll get to listen to said Highway Patrol Officer tell you that "Being on TV is over-rated", so that's cool.

    SEVEN: Always get drinks in the bar downstairs after you've done the craziest thing you've ever done. Always. You never know when there is a V.I.P. party going on that you can sneak into by touting false fame.

    EIGHT: When there is a red carpet rolled out, always walk on it. Just tell the photographer (as he puts his camera down) "We're going to be famous" (thank you, Molly. You rule). Seriously, that red carpet is really soft and squishy, your feet will thank you. Hahaha!

    NINE: Aim for the moon, and settle for a piece of cheese. No, really. The Moon probably doesn't even taste good, guys! When you dream big, the smallest of achievements feel HUGE because, let's face it, they are huge! Sometimes, all we need is a little shift in perspective in order to see the beauty all around us.

    TEN: Breathe in and out, and trust yourself. Nuff said.

    I hope you all enjoyed reading about the craziest thing I’ve ever done, and I’d love to hear about yours! Feel free to share below…that would make me really happy!
    Xoxo,
    Adie
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/07/guest-post-adie.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive