Sunday, April 25, 2010

(more) thoughts on blogging

    When I went to Hawaii I took a small break from regular blogging, and since then it's been hard for me to see the point of all of this. I absolutely love the people I've met, and even the thoughts and emotions I've been able to share in this space, but I truly do not see the point. I feel shallow and ridiculous posting outfit photos, even though I like clothing and fashion. I feel self-centered when I post a run-down of my day and even more so when I post self-photos. It's not that I care what people think, in fact, I believe it's quite the opposite. I don't care, and I think in a weird way I feel silly because it's almost as if posting all of these things I am asking for validation, compliments, and ego-stroking, and it makes me uncomfortable to come across that way, even to myself. There was definitely a point in my life when I was much younger and (unfortunately) attention-seeking, where I would have loved having thousands of readers everyday, all of you lovely people sharing so much with me here...but now I almost feel an invasion of privacy of my own doing. I'm not really sure where this post is going, or what I am trying to say. Half of me loves blogging, but the other half is often weighed down by feeling ridiculous that there is so much ME here. And I know that is the whole idea of a blog, either to share your life or your ideas, or your work or crafts...but I'm just not sure if my life is something I want to keep sharing so publicly. I'm still thinking about it, and at this point I definitely can't see myself stopping all together, but I'm just not sure if I'm still "feeling it," like I have been for the past year and a half. Regardless, I love all of you SO much and I so appreciate all of you coming here so often with your kind words and support. I am going to keep blogging until I truly want to stop, and at this point I guess I'm just thinking it over and hoping for a change of heart one way or another. Right now, I'm just in the middle.

    This has been a topic on this blog before, a long time ago. I would really love to hear your thoughts on this though. Do you ever feel weird or silly blogging? Do you share any of the same sentiments I do? I would appreciate it so much if you would share! Love you guys! <333Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-thoughts-on-blogging.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List