Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quick and easy quiche!

    Hi guys! I hope you're all having a great day. Today I thought I'd share another one of my favorite things to eat, straight from my Mom's kitchen, into mine...and maybe into yours! It's incredibly simple, very healthy, and looks so pretty if you host a brunch or breakfast get-together. Plus, there are a million ways to change it up and add variation.

    Here's what you'll need:

    1 pie crust- I prefer spelt for not just the taste but the health benefits (click here for info on it)
    10 egg whites
    Veggies of your choice- today I just used 2 bunches of broccoli that I pre-steamed
    shredded cheese

    When I make pie I typically make my own crust, but for this one I got the frozen version from our local health food store's freezer section. The cost was about $5 for two crusts, but you can always go the less-expensive way and make your own, or buy generic, regular old pie crust that works just as well!

    1) Preheat oven to 350.

    2) Set out one frozen pie crust.

    recipe post for blog

    3) In a large bowl, mix egg whites (add yolk/s if you'd like- I prefer straight egg whites), cooked broccoli, and a small amount of shredded cheese. The cheese amount is up to you, I'd say I used about 1/4 of a cup.

    recipe post for blog

    4) Pour mixture into pie crust.

    5) Place pie tin on a large piece of tin foil, and fold the foil up and around the pie crust edges, to prevent the crust from getting burnt/too brown while cooking.

    recipe post for blog

    6) Bake for 40 minutes at 350, removing the tin foil edging at 35 minutes to let the edges brown for 5 minutes.

    recipe post for blog

    7) At the end of the 40 minutes your quiche should be firm to the touch and a tiny bit browned.

    recipe post for blog

    8) Enjoy your healthy, protein and nutrient packed quiche!

    recipe post for blog

    recipe post for blog
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/10/quick-and-easy-quiche.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive