Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Welcome to the Dollhouse


    Today I thought I'd do a little tribute post to one of the weirdest, yet most amazing movies of all time: Welcome to the Dollhouse. This movie came out in 1995 when I was 13 years old, and my sister and I absolutely adored it- we probably watched it 100 times on our old VHS player. It's totally strange (it's a black comedy so keep that in mind), but totally wonderful, fabulous, spectacular, you name it. The film's plot centers around the life and times of a young girl named Dawn Weiner, and the movie follows her as she navigates her way through her often tumultuous 7th-grade life, full of crushes, disappointments, and lots of teasing. No one realizes how freakin' awesome this girl is- HELLOOO, if I was there with Dawn we'd so be bff. Love her.

    Here's the trailer- and be sure to check out Dawn's outfits. Those tops, those glasses, the hair baubles?! My spring time wardrobe is totally going to be inspired by this little middle-schooler.


    Have you ever seen this movie? What did you think? If you haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend it if you're in the mood for a quirky little film. Enjoy!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/10/welcome-to-dollhouse.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive