Thursday, November 11, 2010

1 week 'til my due date!



    39 weeks! 1 week 'til my due date

    Well, today marks 39 weeks...and it's a bit shocking to think that our little guy could arrive any day now. The nursery is done, our bags are packed, we're pre-registered at the birthing center, and now we just wait. Or more so, I just wait! I'm officially a stay-at-home mama now, but without Henry here it feels more like a stay-at-home waiter! Waiting and waiting. This morning it was pretty strange waking up, making Hank waffles, and then seeing him off to work. My job is now here at home, and I think it's going to be awhile before it doesn't seem foreign to me to not go to work. My hands will be so full when Henry arrives though, and I can't wait!

    As far as the pregnancy, I'm feeling wonderful. Still working out, still doing my thing. I actually feel like my normal self, just with a baby in my belly. It's pretty neat. This week he is the size of a watermelon. (!!) Yup, a watermelon.

    Also- here is another one of the questionnaires (last one I filled out was at 35 weeks).

    How far along? 39 weeks

    Total weight gain/loss? about 30 pounds

    Stretch marks? absolutely none still, but I've heard that in the last week a few can pop up! I honestly don't care, par for the course I say- but if I can avoid it I will. I read somewhere that they are hereditary, and my Mom never got any so...we shall see!

    Sleep? Sleep has been getting a bit harder lately, because my nose has been a little stuffy at night so it's best for me to sleep with my head in a more elevated position which is pretty uncomfortable. But other than that, it's not too bad at all. I'm not uncomfortable body wise, it's just my stuffy nose! Go figure.

    Best moment this week? my last day of work yesterday- it's so exciting to know I'm going to be home with my son everyday!

    Movement? big movements but he's not in my ribs as much since he dropped so I'm happy about that.

    Food cravings? still just fresh fruit- Pink Lady apples mainly.

    Belly button in/out? 100% in; I don't think I have the type of belly button that will "pop."

    What I miss: giving myself a weekly pedicure. I still attempt to, but it doesn't look that great.

    What I am looking forward to: outside of the obvious like meeting Henry, seeing Hank as a Dad, etc., I'd say working out hard and eating a big fat turkey sandwich. For those who are curious as to why pregnant women are advised to avoid lunch meat, soft cheeses, etc. google "pregnancy and listeria" to learn more.

    Tattoos: un-stretched and looking so good! I'm incredibly thankful for this. :)

    Labor signs? increased BH contractions

    Labor progress: as of LAST Friday (my next appointment is tomorrow), I was 50% effaced and not dilated at all. She also said Henry is super, super low, head down and in position to make his grand entrance! I'm curious to see what tomorrow's appointment will bring!

    So that's my 39 week update! Still trucking along, and in no time Henry will be here! I just wanted to take a second and say thank you to all of you who have followed my pregnancy over the past 10 months. It's been so wonderful to not just have so much support, but to feel such a sense of camaraderie with so many of you fellow Moms, moms-to-be, and caring friends. I'm looking forward to all that's on the horizon. Thank you again for reading, you all are the best!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/11/1-week-my-due-date.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive