Thursday, September 22, 2011

Girls' Night & Randomness

    Hello, Phoenix! I'm currently down in the valley for the week getting ready for Sarah's wedding. It's in TWO short days, and I keep thinking back to the week before my very own wedding a few years ago. This week felt insane to me and went by so quickly. I know Sar feels the same, and even though she's feeling the pressure, she took last night off from stressing to go to dinner and a movie with our girlfriends.  We ate dinner at Oregano's and then went and saw Drive. Funny story: Natalie and I chose the movie, based solely on the fact that our lover Ryan Gosling was in it. We knew nothing about it whatsoever, and thought if we were lucky we'd get an adorable Notebook-esque film or maybe even a darker Blue Valentine. Nope. I don't want to give anything away, but even though it was actually pretty rad, it was perhaps the very worst pick for a girl's night movie there could ever, ever be!  I do have to say that the music was pretty awesome though, and outside of the actual storyline (which I found to be incredibly intriguing, odd, interesting, etc.) I thought the soundtrack was rad. Just be prepared for some gore. And that's all I'll say about that.
    girl's night last night
    [bathroom fashion show in my parents' guest bath, Sar and Nat, Pizza!, Jen and Anita, a delicious pizookie, 
    our movie of choice, tickets, a quick shot of the gore while I probably looked away, Nat and me]

    It's also so great to get together with this group of girlfriends. I feel fortunate to have a few different groups of ladies in my life, but this group in particular is especially special to me, because we're (almost) all mamas and with that comes such a deep understanding and bond. The candidness of our conversations always make me laugh, and I so appreciate the "real-ness" between us. Love love love these girls.

    As for today, Henry and I are headed out to try and find the perfect pair of black shoes that I can wear in Sarah's and then again in Shirley's wedding next month. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner then Saturday's the big day. I was there when Sarah found her wedding dress- I was actually the one who picked it out off the rack (love that!)- and I am DYING for everyone to see it. It's honestly one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen, and her tiny little self makes it look even more gorgeous. I'll be sure to post a million photos via twitter and instagram as the celebration begins tomorrow night, so feel free to follow along.

    Other than that I'm just trying to decide on Henry's Halloween costume and get started on really planning his first birthday party. We aren't doing a theme or anything - just a color scheme and lots of special decorations and food. I'm really excited to get planning as soon as I get home from Vegas next weekend. And speaking of Vegas...I can't believe it snuck up on me so quickly!  Anita and I are driving up on Friday, and we'll be meeting up with more girlfriends, who are flying in from different parts of the country. To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement!

    And now...the shoe search begins! Have a great day. xoSource URL: https://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/girls-night-randomness.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive