Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good thing I don't usually eat what I bake!

    I love cooking and baking, but then giving them away...I'm not much of a sweets person at all- except for PIE, my favorite treat in moderation! So, I still bake a lot but try to get rid of them as much as possible. I absolutely love to bake and I love making people happy with little presents of cupcakes and goodies. This week I'm going to be making my first pumpkin pie of the season too, and I will post the recipe when I do that.

    Today was a lazy, unproductive day. Hank and I originally had a whole day planned of fun Fall activities, including a visit to the pumpkin patch, carving, etc. We decided to wait until next weekend so our pumpkin wouldn't rot before Halloween! So instead we planned to have a picnic downtown, complete with basket and blanket, and were hoping to spend the afternoon basking in the autumn sunlight, reading and just having fun. But oh no, none of that happened. The wind was so bad today that it knocked down multiple power lines on our street, blew trees into house, cars etc. I did convince Hank to go on a run with me through this horrible weather, and we had fun but our eyes were a mess from all the debris in the air. Even though I'm not much of an outdoor person I still like to be outside as much as possible and today I really, really needed some sun. So our run was nice. But to rewind a bit, we woke up kind of late and I made Hank a breakfast burrito so he could wrap up in a blanket and enjoy Sunday football. I did stuff around the house, relaxed, read, did all that glorious lazy day stuff I love to do. Eventually after our run we went food shopping, cooked dinner, and I baked those goodies.

    Tomorrow begins the last week before Fall Break and I am so excited! Hank leaves on a full-US tour in a couple of weeks. They'll be playing The Fest in Florida again this year so they'll be doing all of the US surrounding that weekend. So unfortunately Hank won't be home for this Halloween again, for the third year in a row. It makes me a bit sad because we both absolutely love this holiday, but I'm sure I will still have fun and I know sooner than later we will be able to celebrate it together!

    So, off to bed I go. I'm looking forward to this week at work. It's Homecoming, so the entire week is full of funny activities and entertaining stuff. It's fun being a high school teacher most of the time, and during these times it's always very interesting to remember what it was like back when I was in high school!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/10/good-thing-i-don-usually-eat-what-i.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive