Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

    I am so sore and so tired! I have been working out extremely hard for the past couple of weeks and after last night's insane workout and today's 90 minute trek around Prescott...I can hardly move. I'm literally in bed, way too sore to even do anything outside of relaxing- which is a-okay to me! I have been doing so many different things both in and out of the gym and I am loving shaking it up a bit.

    Today at work was awesome. I know I say that a lot, and I'm sure it can get annoying but I LOVE going to work everyday. You have to imagine how funny my days can be, surrounded by amazing kids who make me laugh constantly. It's Homecoming "Spirit Week" so today was 80s day. Most of the kids in my 1st hour dressed up, and during journal time I put on some 80s music and they all decided to have an impromptu dance party. My cheeks literally ached from laughing so hard. They are such sweethearts, and yes, even the "bad" kids. I don't have discipline problems in my class, ever, because I treat all of my kids the same...I think that every single child has something in them that wants to be loved. I feel like if you don't expect them to be "bad," and treat them with respect, they will rise to the occasion. So far in five years this philosophy has worked for me, and I will keep teaching this way until it stops working. I see so many of my colleagues immediately think that kids are doing the wrong thing and treat them horribly. I'm definitely NOT naive- I was quite a handful in high school myself...but I feel that every kid wants to be loved. I know there are always exceptions, evil people, whatever, but I haven't encountered one yet. So everyday I get to spend time with these amazing little people turning into adults, and it's so interesting to me to see them grow into these adults. I love talking about books, teaching them all about writing, discussions, etc and this is my dream job! So, that is why I always say it was a good day. Some days are NOT good, but the longer I do this I realize that it is my mood, and not the kids. Interesting.

    So tomorrow is a half day, as usual, and then we have just two more days until break time! I am trying to convince Suki to come up Saturday for fun fall time and a night out, so we will see!

    Here is a photo from dinner at Hugo's with Hank and Robyn...YUM!

    Hugos feast with Hank and Bryce...soo good

    and my pink nails - "Made You Blush," by Sally Hansen. I LOVE this color!

    manicure Tuesday
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/10/terrific-tuesday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive