Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home sweet home

    Traveling is fun, but nothing feels like home! I'm in Phoenix now, until Friday- I get tattooed and have a few other odds and ends to tie up, and friends to see, before we head back up the mountain. Once I get back I'll only be in Prescott for about five days though, because Emily comes to town and I'll be with her at her hotel (swimming and sunning!), then heading to LA and Long Beach with Shirley and Alana. I feel very rushed but I know it will all be a lot of fun. Adie is in Prescott this weekend (and Amber gets back from San Francisco!), so it will be wonderful to do all our typical summer shenanigans. I know the summer is going to rush by- once I get back from LA, we have a bunch of stuff lined up- Amber Joy summer fun in Prescott, a week on the houseboat, LV, a week in San Diego, I'll be going to Brooklyn for awhile to stay with Em, Seattle/Portland, and LA a couple more times. I feel insane just typing it all out. Insane in a good way though! And then before I know it, I'll be back in my classroom come mid-August.

    We left the beach this morning around 3:45am (yuck- way too early) and flew out of Newark around 7am. I twittered (tweeted?) about this earlier, but there was a woman with a rather large dog in a bag sitting behind us. I totally understand bringing your little pup in one of those carry-on puppy bags, but this was a bigger dog, stuffed into a duffel bag! It was so bizarre but the dog seemed happy, I guess. I slept for a lot of the flight and watched episodes of Carnivale while awake, and it all went by pretty quickly. We arrived in Phoenix early this afternoon and because I felt so gross I immediately went to the gym. I seriously feel out of shape right now, even though I ran so much. I need to lift weights to stay toned and right now I am not so happy, but, what can ya do? So I got back in the gym and I will back to my normal routine again tomorrow morning. I figure if I kick my butt for a couple weeks I should feel okay. I hope I do!

    My body thinks it's 1:40am right now so I am going to sleep, I have a long day tomorrow. I am super excited because I am getting to spend time with someone who has been a big part of my life growing up, but I kind of lost touch with her somewhere along the way. My friend Rhonda was like my big sister from age 14 and throughout high school and part of college, and only recently did we reconnect. I am so happy about that! She is a really special person to me, and I have always felt a deep connection with her- soul sisters all the way! So tomorrow should be wonderful and I am really looking forward to it.

    Alright, now it's really bedtime! I hope if you're reading this you had a wonderful night! xoxoSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/06/home-sweet-home.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List