Monday, June 22, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

    This past weekend was one of the best I've had in a long time. I came down Friday and met Emily for lunch at Pita Jungle, and it was wonderful to spend time with my dear friend and sit and talk for a long while. We can barely wait until I am with her in Brooklyn next month! It was a beautiful, warm day in Phoenix, a perfect day actually. We both ordered the Macro platter, which is my favorite thing on the menu.

    After lunch with Em, I headed over to Alana's where Shirley was waiting, and we hit the road to Long Beach, California. We left around 3pm and made it there around 9pm or so, which was a great time considering we stopped to eat. I usually like to fly when I go to CA but it was so nice to be with the girls and have a long time to catch up on our busy lives! When we arrived Chloe (Autumn and Jason's daughter) was already down for the night so we all just sat around and chit chatted.

    Saturday morning we woke up and went for a run along the beach, followed by a yummy breakfast. Chloe's first birthday party (on the beach) was set for noon that day and unfortunately the rain and gloom would just not let up. Regardless though we got ready and walked down to the cove where Jason and Autumn's mom Libby had already set up the tent and go all the food ready. Just as we got there, the sun came through and the sprinkling stopped, it was perfect- a little cool at time but overall great. It turned into a beautiful, sunny day. There were a million kids there, playing in the water and the sand, lots of delicious food and great company. I attempted to play volleyball for a minute but my soccer roots kept taking over and it was hard for me to not use my feet. I'm horrible at volleyball anyway, so I left that up to the girls. The entire day was awesome, Chloe was so happy and her 1st birthday was a total success!

    girls girls girls

    beach birthday party

    yum

    alana and me

    the loops

    birthday girl!

    she is SO excited

    alana and me walking back to the house

    (tons more photos at my Flickr too)

    Since Grandma Libby was in town, it allowed all of us to go out Saturday night. We started with a big family dinner at Yen Sushi down on 2nd St. The sushi was okay, definitely not the best I've had but still good.

    heading to sushi

    sushi

    shirl girl and me

    the loops

    After sushi we headed out on the town, we ended up Morrie's Wine Bar and then finished the night at Legends in downtown Belmont Shore. We went to bed super late, so Sunday was a late start, around 9am. I had already celebrated Father's Day with my Dad so it was really fun to spend Sunday morning with the new dad, Jason! We ate brunch at La Creperie and it turned out to be on the best breakfasts I've ever had- super fresh whole foods and great service. Sunday was also Chloe's official birthday so we got her a little strawberry crepe and sang to the happy baby.

    la creperie- so delicious

    chloe

    mimosas

    bestie

    It really was the best weekend and I was sad to leave, but I know I'll be back within the month. I got home last night and was pleasantly surprised by a sparkling clean house and some cute little surprises from Hank! The house was already super clean before I left but he did all the floors for me and hung up some things I had needed to be put up. We got to spend a great night together last night, before he left for CA this morning to record all week. So now it's just Madeline and me! This week should be a good one though- lots of hangouts with Amber Joy, and then Sarah will be coming to visit Thursday, and then Hank and I leave for a weekend in Las Vegas on Saturday. I am so excited for shopping and pool time and good food and gambling! We always have so much fun whenever we go. The moment we get there I will be by the pool- it's weird how it's Vegas but when you're at any of the nicer resort pools you could be anywhere. This weekend should be in the 100s and I am loving that! I know it's weird, but I enjoy hot hot days. Call me crazy. It's so wild how busy we are right now, we get home from Vegas, have a few days to unwind, and then we have visitors that next weekend and then leave for the houseboat for another week! I am really savoring this week at home right now, and it's nice to be able to do some cooking and baking, relax on the couch, watch movies, etc.

    In a weird way I am already looking forward to going back to teach in August. It's great to have a profession that I look forward to going to everyday. I'm also excited to meet a whole new group of kids and get to know them, read novels, etc. Next year will hopefully be a really "big" year for Hank and I, and I really can't wait for everything.

    So, here's to a new week, positive attitudes, and fun!

    Thanks for reading.

    xoSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/06/wonderful-weekend.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List