Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yesterday, Today

    Yesterday was an awesome day. I woke up around 7am and said goodbye to Hank, who was flying out to record with a new band. Our friend Matt drove him down to Phoenix, so I was happy I didn't have to make that turn around trip after coming home from CA myself just the night before. I was sad to see him go, but there have been times when he has been on tour for two or three months so a week is not a big deal at all. I actually enjoy it in a way, because it gives me time to do as I please and savor all the alone time. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad of course to be apart, but by nature I am a bit of a loner at times and really revel in self-time. Plus, Hank is exceptionally great at keeping in touch (he's only toured out of the country twice with no service), and writes me lovely, lovely long emails, calls all the time, bbms, and sends postcards, so it's nice to mix it up and have to rely on writing and other forms of communication. So, after the hubby left I did some cuddling and lounging around with Madeline before I decided to get up and enjoy the day. I met Amber for lunch at Hugo's, which turned into a two hour Mexican food girl talk session. It was great. She got some sort of green chile tamale thing and I got a bowl of beans and veggies. Truly delicious. I haven't had Hugo's since mid-May so it was nice to enjoy one of my favorite spots in town. When Hank is home we usually go once or twice a week so I have been going through serious withdrawals being gone so much. After our lunch we strolled around, got tea at Cuppers and sat and talked more on the square. We ran into Scott, walked a bit more, and I headed home to do some errands. Overall it was a perfect day.

    I went to bed pretty early (after watching The Bachelorette, of course) and woke up this morning in a great mood. I decided to take today as a "me" day, and do all the things I love to do. I am currently still in my pjs actually, and enjoying every second. I need to run out in a minute and do a few errands around town, but when I return I plan on watching movies and relaxing until I hit the gym around 7pm. Last summer I was super busy as well I made a point for this summer to take days like this, not hanging out with anyone, no obligations, and just enjoy my time. So here I am!

    I hope all of you have a great day!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/06/yesterday-today.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List