Sunday, June 26, 2011

Papa Said V.2

    image via Jess

    Welcome to the second installment of Papa Said! Isn't it neat to hear the guy's point of view? I'm loving it!  This week I am so excited to have the husband of one of the sweetest, most amazing, wonderful, dearest (catch my drift?) ladies in the whole wide world- Jess!  If you don't already read her blog you are absolutely missing out, my friends. She is a true ray of sunshine, and obviously her wonderful husband is too. Welcome to Sometimes Sweet, Samuel! Thanks again for being a part of this feature.

    Jess:
    I fell in love with my husband on a whole new level the moment I saw the look on his face when he first held our little boy and sang to him for the first time with the most glorious smile and eyes brimming with tears. Samuel is the most gentle, tender, patient and fun daddy a boy could ask for. I swear, our home is a living musical sometimes. I'll ask Sam to get Forest boy a bottle or something and all of a sudden Sam bursts into song, dancing around him making up lyrics about what he is doing. Giggles will erupt and my heart feels like it is going to burst. Our little man is IN LOVE with his daddy, let me tell ya. I think one of the most beautiful things in my life has been watching Sam fall into the love of being a daddy. There aren't words. I didn't think I could love him more, then we had a baby and I realized there was a whole unexplored world of love that was just waiting for me as I watched us journey it, all 3 of us, together.


    Samuel:
    Being a Dad is a whole different experience, more than anything I've ever had the privilege to take on and dive into. It's one thing, being responsible for yourself and your own needs. It's another thing entirely, to know that you have a child that is absolutely dependent on you. You're the one, through your everyday decisions and depth of love that will by in large, effect the rest of their life. It can sound like an incredible amount of pressure, or you can see it as an amazing adventure. No doubt there will be an incredible amount of self-sacrifice that goes into this journey. But, then again… you already knew that right? From  sacrificing time, sleep, your appetite after changing a diaper for your tired wife or your choices of entertainment ..yes, Jess and I find ourselves actually watching Baby Einstein or the Mickey Mouse Club at times. Ha!


    That being said, here a few things I've learned from being a Dad:

    1. Enjoy each season of your child's life as much as you possibly can. Everyone tells you this but, it is a reality that will smack you in the face. They change so quickly, and before you know it, you're not changing diapers anymore, you'll be changing your insurance policy.

    2. Be the example that you want your child to grow up to be. Chances are, they'll end up being a lot like you. What you do, touch, or watch, are the things that they will gravitate toward. Teach by example and live a life  that your child can mimic.

    3. Love that kid like you've never loved anything else. Be creative in the way you love them. Spend time with them, like you're a millionaire. It's the best investment you can or will ever make. 

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/papa-said-v2.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive