Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thao & Mirah

    Thao and Mirah

    Mirah's always been a favorite of mine, so when I heard she and Thao were touring it was great news. I knew it would be a very special show, and I also knew it would be an evening I did not want to miss. I wasn't familiar with either of the openers, but Sarah and I ending up falling in love with the second band, Bobby. Throughout their entire set we kept looking at each other with the biggest smiles on our faces. I absolutely loved them, and last night was exactly what I needed.  You know how sometimes, you start to feel a little unlike yourself? Maybe you just feel off, feel uninspired, or just plain weird? So many times when I feel this way, all I need is a night with my girlfriends, enjoying live music.  Music has a way of making me feel so many emotions; when I can sit in a packed room, and listen to beautiful voices and instruments and clapping and cheering, it brings me back to my senses, something that, at that moment, is connecting an entire group of entirely unconnected people. I feel new again. Last night was no exception. The three bands that played brought me back to my reality. I found myself closing my eyes as the music wafted up and over the people, the chairs, through the bar, and as it made it's way over to me and settled gently right into me, it became a part of me. It was perfect.

    Thao and Mirah

    Thao and Mirah

    Thao and Mirah
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/thao-mirah.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive