Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.76


    Name and blog name: Morgan // Morgan and Kim

    Age: 23

    Occupation: Chaplain and Barista

    Age of first tattoo:
    17

    Favorite tattoo: Ship

    Featured tattoo/location: Left Thigh

    Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Tattoo Artist- Sento Shop- Chapel Tattoo / Melbourne, Australia



    1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art? 

    The ship has two quotes- on the top in a banner it reads 'Ain't no Ship Like Friendship' and on the bottom it reads ' Les Copain D'abbord' which is an old French song by George Brassens which translates to Friends First/Friends Aboard (it's a play on words). I am French and I want to always remember the great friends I have.


    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    I have “In Christ" in script on my wrist (this was my first tattoo), I have a quarter sleeve on my left bicep area - with a lion, lamb and dove, God's hand from michelangelo's sisteen chapel touching a star and written "Patris, Filii, Spiritus Sanctus” which is Latin for “Father, Son, Holy Spirit”. I have matching anchor with my mum on our ankles and I have a French horn on my right arm. I also have a Bike on my ribs which is designed by Melbourne based artist Ghostparol. I got it while getting my Ship, and although one of the smallest tattoos, it is by far the most painful.

     

    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Kim would like me to get a pin up girl and lately I have found a few inspirations, so maybe, but I like to thinking a tattoo design for a year before getting it done, so in a year I probably will get one.
    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

    My wife Kim loves tattoos and has a big leg piece of her family tree. There is a different animal for each member of her family. She is the Deer and I am the Fox. My parents are ok about it, but it was a challenge at first. My in-laws are pretty old school too, and not so keen. I haven't faced much opposition about them, I'm sure some people judge me from looks before getting to know me. A lot of the time people ask me about different tattoos which is nice.

     

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    Consider your design for a long time before getting it (I wait a year), draw it on if you have to. Ask you friends and family how they feel, because although you don't do it for them, it's nice to include them in your decisions (it also softens the blow once you get it.)

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/tattoo-tuesday-v76.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive