Monday, June 20, 2011

Sakura Bloom Styleathon: Round 1

    Sakura Bloom Stylathon Round 1

    Becoming a Mom has brought about change in every aspect of my life, and my personal style definitely did shift a bit upon Henry’s arrival. For me, there’s two sides to it; I have less time to spend getting ready, but with this change comes more of an appreciation for the time I do have. I treasure those moments I get to spend on myself- the primping, the prepping…even curling my hair feels that much more indulgent. Clothing choices now come with questions too: will I be breastfeeding while out? Will Henry be awake or asleep, climbing all over me or in his stroller? Will I be wearing him in his sling or will Hank have him in the carrier? My style for the day is a reflection of me, but it is also in direct correlation to my son. He is as much a part of my style as I am, and with this comes the necessity to be sure I remain true to myself and not get lost in the hustle, the bustle, and in adapting to what’s easy but not necessarily what makes me feel my best. It’s important for me to still dress up and feel pretty. And when I feel pretty, it makes me happy…and really, a happy mama means a happy family.

    Getting dressed is so much simpler now because well, I feel so much more beautiful! I never expected to feel this way after having Henry, and to be honest, I was worried I’d feel unattractive as I got used to my new body and slightly different shape. But with childbirth came a new respect for myself. I feel proud of what I accomplished, and I believe that this newfound, deeper self-love has become an integral part of my style. Besides, accessorizing with confidence is always in, and with it comes a new willingness to try out different styles and have even more fun playing dress up on date night.

    My personal style’s always evolving, but I’d say this new love-based, Mom-style is the best one yet.

    Sakura Bloom Stylathon Round 1

    Sakura Bloom Stylathon Round 1

    Sakura Bloom Stylathon Round 1

    Sakura Bloom Stylathon Round 1

    {outfit details}

    Mama:
    Essential silk sling: c/o Sakura Bloom
    cantaloupe and white striped top: c/o Lilla P
    khaki cuffed shorts: Target
    "D" initial necklace: Anthropologie
    yellow peep-toe flats: Target

    Henry:
    yellow and white striped shirt: The Children's Place
    khaki pants: Baby Gap

    Read more about the Sakura Bloom Styleathon here!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/sakura-bloom-styleathon-round-1.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive