Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday/Saturday

    weekend :)

    my hair is SO long! I am beyond happy :)
    the longest my hair has ever been!

    It's so good to be home. I spent most of yesterday in a tired, slightly jet-lagged daze, not doing much of anything outside of catching up the Real Housewives episodes I missed while in Hawaii, and being pretty lazy. When Hank got home from work, we headed down to Phoenix to spend time with my family and have a bit of a relaxing weekend. I've written it before, but Hank doesn't get a lot of days off at this point (although that is soon coming to an end), so when he does, we try to take full advantage. We spent last night celebrating my Dad's birthday and ate delicious pizza and ice cream cake! Afterward, we all just sat around the dining room table and talked all night. It was awesome.

    This morning Hank and I woke up with a huge to-do list. He needed a few new pairs of jeans and a new hoodie, so we went down to Tempe and took care of that. We had a delicious impromptu lunch at Green, and then headed over to Cosmos so my sweet friend/big sister Rhonda could do our hair. She's been doing my hair since we moved to Arizona, when I was about 14, but this was surprisingly the first time she'd cut Hank's. He is super picky and was a little nervous but we both agree this is the best haircut he's ever had! Thank you Rhonda! We love you so much. I feel so happy and lucky you are in my life. Oh! And while there I also got to meet a blog friend Lindsey (http://thebrownsfam.blogspot.com/), who is a friend of Rhonda's. We got to sit and talk for awhile and I fell in love with her. She's so cute and awesome. So hey Lindsey!

    For the past couple of days I've been feeling pretty unmotivated to blog, and this morning I tweeted that I had kind of lost interest in it. I received a lot of great responses, and I appreciate the kind words so much! Sometimes it's just hard to see the point of this all- it seems silly and narcissistic at times, and it's hard for me to see the "why." Luckily though, I usually only feel like this rarely. I really enjoy blogging and documenting my life, and I know I will never stop, but sometimes I just need to take a step back for a minute and take a break. It was also hard for me to get back into the swing of things after my little vacation, but I'm back now and feeling positive about it.

    I go back to work Monday, and it's something I'm both dreading and looking forward to. I'm so excited to see my friends I work with, and to see my kiddos, but it's hard to get back into the groove of it all when I've enjoyed almost two weeks off. I shouldn't complain though, I know...summer break starts in 8.5 short weeks and it's going to be so wonderful.

    SO, I hope all of you are having a great weekend. It's been a family weekend for us, and I feel so happy. I hope you are experiencing the same feeling!

    Lots of love.

    squinty in Tempe
    squinty in the sun

    awkward, falling off belt :/
    Tempe

    pre-haircut. He is so handsome :)
    pre-haircut! <3

    feet!

    veggie burger and their yummy pasta at Green! mmm
    vegan lunch at Green!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/fridaysaturday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List