Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday is for relaxing!

    Today has been such a wonderful, relaxing day. Hank works A LOT and really hard, and today was his first day off since the holidays. Insane, huh? He works full time and goes to school full time (business), so on his two days off from work he attends schools from 9am-5pm. He's such a hard worker and even though it can be difficult on him, this year will be the "toughest" period of time we'll have, in this kind of sense, and we're almost done. Yay! So today has been a day all about Hank. Most of the morning was spent in bed actually, half napping and half playing online. After enough sleep to last a lifetime, I watched Lars and the Real Girl for the first time. It's an odd little movie, but totally sweet and I enjoyed it.

    We've spent the remainder of our day cleaning up around the house and getting stuff done for our house guests tomorrow. Our dear friend Jonathan is visiting, along with his girlfriend Danielle. She's in town from the East Coast and I'm excited to meet her. So yeah, other than that, tonight Hank and I are making tofu with peanut sauce and veggies. YUM.

    Here's my super simple outfit from running errands today. I added tights and a jacket to leave the house.

    dress- Forever21 (click here to view it on their website)
    shoes- the same ones I wear a lot, from Target

    super simple

    Here are a few new polishes I picked up yesterday, I think they are really perfect for early spring!

    new polishes for early spring

    1. Essie's Chinchilly- a beautiful light gray
    2. OPI's Bling Dynasty- a really pretty deep gold
    3. OPI's Hot & Spicy- the photo is a bit misleading, it's lighter than pictured, and more of a tangerine.

    As I use these colors I will be sure to post photos! While at Sephora, I also picked up a product that Amber recommended to me and that I'd seen in advertisements recently. It's Living Proof's Full Thickening Cream (click here to see the website and how-to videos!).

    Living Proof Full Thickening Cream

    The website says:


    This styling innovation allows fine, thin hair to act like thick hair with naturally soft, touchable body. By depositing thickening points on the hair strands, Full creates a thicker surface that enables fine hair to have natural movement and bounce, beautiful shape, and volume throughout the day. While traditional thickening products create a hard, brittle hold that collapses upon touch, Full allows your style to remain flexible, soft, and resilient. Go ahead, run your fingers through your hair, no need to fear a style fall.

    I would definitely agree with this product's claims. I have a LOT of hair, but fine, straight hair, so I always use a root boosting product when I blowdry. When I used this product, I combed out my damp hair, then put a nickel size dollop in my hand and worked it throughout my head. I blew dry my hair as usual, and when I was done there was a HUGE difference and my hair was a lot thicker and substantial feeling. I didn't even have to tease my hair or add hairspray, and three hours later it's still looking good! And, it smells fabulous. At $24 for a small bottle it may be a little pricy for some, but if you need extra body I would definitely splurge and get it! Let me know what you think if you try it out.

    The rest of the evening is dedicated to packing for Hawaii! Very excited.

    Have a lovely day! I'll leave you with a photo of my Vampire Rose collection. I'm not into toys at all (Hank is a huge vinyl toy collector), but I really love these little guys. So cute.

    my Vampire Rose collection

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunday-is-for-relaxing.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List