Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.8

    This week I'm sharing a dear friend of mine, Zoe! She's one of the cutest girls I know and I love having her in my life. You'll probably recognize her from photos I've posted here, and most recently from our friends' wedding last week. Total sweetie, and she also has some of the best tattoos- she is a true collector. I know you'll love reading all about her experiences and looking at her gorgeous photos. So without further adieu, Ms. Zoe!



    Name and blog name: Zoe- http://zoealexis.blogspot.com

    Tattoo/location: Pirate ship, right rib panel

    Artist/shop/location:
    Grez at Kings Avenue in Massapequa, NY (http://kingsavenuetattoo.com/)



    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    I love all things nautical, so I knew I wanted my first big tattoo to be a pirate ship on my ribs. The banner reading homeward basically means "home is where the heart is." Once I saw Grez's tattoos I knew instantly he was who I wanted to do my ship. I obsessed over it almost. We corresponded through emails. He got my measurements, along with the few details I requested for my ship. I actually didn't see the stencil or have any idea what my tattoo was going to look like until I made the long trek across the country to NYC (I live in Arizona). I was so nervous. But he instantly put me at ease. I knew then I'd made the right decision. Five, 5-hour appointments later we were finished. The travel, pain, expense, and waiting were well worth it.

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?


    both feet- WW2 P-40 fighter plane and a traditional pilot girl by Cory Lenherr
    both shins- 1940's sailor pin w up with compass by Todd Noble and a turn of the century hot air balloon by Cris Clean
    right thigh- 1920's high society by Chris Conn
    backs of my thighs- "Nobody's Darling" by Beau Brady
    left rib panel- (unfinshed) is a cowgirl/western piece by Cory Lenherr
    left sleeve- fortune teller, raven, egyptian girl by Grez
    inside of arm- honey pot with my nephews birthday by King Ron
    clavicle- "we are the true believers" by Ian Dana
    back of neck- sugar skull by Adam Barton
    behind my ears- sets of cherries by Ron Coupal (my first tattoos)









    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Yes, I plan on finishing my sleeve and left rib panel. Planning my left thigh and right knee cap. Back and forth about hands and knuckles. But I think one day.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    My family is really great about my tattoos. No one even seems to notice. They are just a part of who I am. The majority of my friends are tattooed, if not heavily tattooed, so we are all really supportive of each other. I love to see friends new tattoos and learn about artists I may not be familiar with. I have an 'I want to be tattooed by' list that I am always adding to and checking off of. It's a never ending cycle. Whenever I think I'm 'done' I discover a new artist. As far as adversity or negativity, I've learned that there will always be staring. There will always be dirty looks. There will always be inappropriate/rude comments. Other people's ignorance is unfortunate. But it is what it is. These tattoos are my choice and I love each and every one.

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?


    RESEARCH! I'm a total collector, so I spend lots of time looking at tattoos. On line and in magazines. The more information and pictures I can find from an artist the better. Word of mouth is key. Talk to your friends that get tattooed. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Speak up. If you aren't happy with the artwork or want something changed, let your artist know. It's on you forever. The saying is cliche but "you get what you pay for." You have to be willing to wait for a good artist and in some cases willing to travel.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/tattoo-tuesday-v8.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List