Friday, March 5, 2010

Yesterday, Thursday

    Last night Hank and I decided to drive down to Phoenix for a little impromptu date night. We left right when I got off work, and drove straight to Green for a delicious dinner. If you live in Arizona, and haven't been to Green yet, I highly recommend it- it's one of our favorite restaurants and we've been going since it opened. I usually get the Green burger, but this time I got the Spicy mock chicken sandwich (on an Ezekial bun), with a side of pasta salad. Hank got some sort of ginger tofu bowl and both choices were delicious. If you're curious about the restaurant, click here to visit their website and definitely try it out as soon as you can! We there, we spoke with one of the counter-workers about a vegan restaurant in Sedona that we will hopefully we trying out soon. The name of it is escaping me at the moment, but once we try it I will be sure to post a review.

    After dinner I had Hank stop by Yogurtland so I could try the new Red Velvet flavor. I wasn't a huge fan, but it wasn't bad by any means. I always think I am going to branch out, but usually end up with plain tart and a lot of fruit. Either way, I love that place. After I got my yogurt fix, we headed over to ASU to listen to Johnny Cupcakes speak. I didn't know very much about the guy, besides the fact that he once put Hank and the dudes up while on tour, we know some of the same people, and he runs a highly successful tee shirt business. To be honest, I was slightly apprehensive- I didn't know what to expect and I wasn't in the mood to sit in a lecture hall and listen to some guy speak about how he became inspired to put cupcakes on tee shirts. But...once we got into the room and Johnny began speaking, I found myself truly enjoying my time. His story is inspirational, he's an extremely "real" guy, and I liked that he was so personal and forthcoming while sharing with all of us. By the end of the night, I was a total convert, and now consider myself a fan of him, and his brand. Super cool dude, awesome story, and his lecture was extremely entertaining (all four hours of it). I definitely recommend checking him out if his lecture tour comes to a university near you.

    I also have to add that while we were standing in line to get in, a blog reader/friend of mine came over and introduced herself! The lovely Chelsea and her boyfriend John Scott were just adorable, and it was really neat to meet yet another blog friend in real life. Two in two weeks is two more than I've met in my entire life, so I'm wondering who I will meet next week! ;) But really, it was wonderful to meet both of them, and Hank and John had a lot to talk about. Chelsea put it best in her blog about it, "It seriously made me so happy about how easy conversation came, and I really believe that it was due to already feeling that we knew one another (thank you blogs, flickr, and twitter!)." :)

    After the lecture we headed home to Prescott. One of my most favorite things to do with Hank is go on drives, go on road trips, really just go anywhere with him. We always have the best conversations, listen to great music, and have have such a good time. Sometimes it's little moments like last night that kind of snap me into reality, and remind me just how good I have it. I written about this before, but I think people are blessed with different things in their lives. I would say one of my main "blessings" is this love in my life. I'm very grateful.

    When we got home it was past 2am, and I wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to call in to work today. I've spent most of the morning in bed, and it's about 1:30pm right now, and I'm feeling much better. Sleep did me well, and I'm glad I stayed home. Later tonight Hank is playing a show at Sundance's which should be fun.

    What are your weekend plans? Are you experiencing nice weather wherever you are? Whatever you do, I hope it's amazing!

    I'll leave you with some photos from yesterday...

    top: J. Crew
    skirt: Leifsdottir (you can find this brand at Anthro or Nordstrom)
    shoes: Target

    Thursday outfit

    top detail

    I love this skirt <3

    on the drive down
    on the drive down

    Hank, me and Chelsea :)
    Hank, me, Chelsea

    Johnny Cupcakes at ASUSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/yesterday-thursday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List