Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hey girlfriend!

    love my darling girlfriends

    Seriously, let's all take a minute out of our day and call a girlfriend and say "HEY! I LOVE YOU!" Female friendship is one of the most wonderful things in the entire world, and I've been lucky enough in my life to be surrounded by amazing girls throughout all 27 years I've been on this earth. From my Mom to my sister, my aunts, my grandmas, my childhood friends to my friends from high school, dance friends, soccer friends, college friends, sorority sisters, teacher friends, the list goes on. How lucky are we all to have even one lady in our life we can count on!

    I'm a total girl's girl, and I value women so much. I have always thought it was so sad to hear my fellow ladies bash girls, doing the whole "I just don't get along with them" routine. In no way is it possible to like every woman on the planet, but we should at least try to support each other instead of cutting each other down from the get-go and playing that game. By nature humans are competitive, and I think many times girls see each other as competition and through a comparative eye, rather than seeing inspiration or alliance. I've written on this topic before, and my position has always been the same. Women need women in their lives to understand all the things that men just can't grasp. I feel such a sisterhood with my best girlfriends, and the amount of support I receive from them is paramount. Each girl in my life has such a different, unique role. Some of these friendships have been cultivated since I was very young, and others I have met along the way. I see some of my friends everyday, some a couple weekends out of the month, and others go years between visits. However, it feels like no time has passed when I am with these girls. As we grow up, it's just not possible to chat everyday on the phone, to spend hours hanging out each weekend, or even to get together once a month. But we make it work, each in our own way that defines that particular friendship. In healthy relationships, there is no resentment. There is simply love, and no matter how often I see or talk to these certain people, our love runs deep. I feel grateful. The older I get, the more I realize just how important it is to have real relationships in my life. Wouldn't you agree?

    So, with that said, do you have a best girl in your life that means the world to you? I'd love to hear about it. One of my most favorite things about this blog is input from all of you fabulous people, so thank you in advance for putting yourself out there.

    So much (girl!) love.Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/hey-girlfriend.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List