Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.12

    This week's pretty little lady is none other than Jen Joyce! I love this girl. Not only is she totally gorgeous, she is THE nicest, sweetest, cupcake of a gal you'll ever meet. I seriously want to scoop her up from Seattle and make her move back to AZ and come live in Prescott. If you don't follow her on Twitter already, you should! She's just all-around rad. So here she is, Ms. Jen Joyce!


    Name and blog name: Jen/@knitpurl on twitter

    Tattoo/location:
    Calla lillies, inner arm

    Artist/shop/location:
    Jesse Roberts/Lucky Devil Tattoo/ Capitol Hill, Seattle WA



    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    First of all, I love calla lilies. They are almost hauntingly beautiful and so very graceful. Also, one of my most dearest friends, Joey got calla lilies on her arm a while ago and as lame as it might sound...I just knew that would be our "friend tattoo." It also kind of represents my growth into the woman I am today, yadda yadda *insert corny stuff here*.


    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    I also have swallows & a sacred heart on the outer upper arm and cherry blossoms on my shoulder area (my ode to Seattle), thus completing my half sleeve.

    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Oh, of course! I have plans for my right arm and right thigh. I wont go into too much detail but 2 words: knitting & anchor.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    My mom was devastated (love you mom!) when I got my first but she has slowly grown an acceptance. Well, for the one 1/2 sleeve. She doesn't know about my other plans yet so I may be speaking too soon, haha! A lot of my friends have tattoos so we are all good there. I still have to cover up at work but seeing as I work at a pretty progressive hotel in Seattle my fingers are crossed that one day I will not have to invest in so many cardigans.

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    First of all, love you all who ask but yes it hurts. A needle is being drug across your skin for god's sake! Please stop asking people if it really hurts. Now, I know EVERYONE says this but REALLY do your research! Make sure you KNOW your tattoo artist. And finally, don't just go with someone because they are giving you a deal. BAD IDEA. This will be on you for the rest of your life! Pay accordingly.

    Oh, and eat before.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/03/tattoo-tuesday-v12.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List