Sunday, August 22, 2010

28 weeks/7 month update

    Hello third trimester! It's pretty crazy to think I've been pregnant for 7 months at this point, and looking back, this time has seriously flown by. Henry has just a little bit longer in here, and then we will finally get to meet him. I love being pregnant. I've been very lucky to not have any of the dreaded pregnancy issues thus far and the past 28 weeks has been pretty smooth sailing. I'm curious to see if this continues into this last trimester or if I start to get the typical pregnancy aches and pains. The only thing out of the ordinary I've been physically dealing with is mild swelling of my feet and lower legs at the end of my work day, but it's a good excuse to put my feet up after school and relax a bit, so I can't complain! We begin seeing our doctor/midwife every two weeks for the next month or so, until we begin seeing her every week. Our birthing class start on September 13th, and I'm looking forward to seeing the birthing center for the first time- it's brand new and I've heard great things about it. I'm also in the beginning stages of writing out my birth plan, and it's been pretty interesting to research the entire process and make choices that are best for Hank, Henry and myself. I know for sure that I don't want any pain medication whatsoever, and as little "medical intervention" as possible. With that said, I am also going in with an open mind. Although I am set on natural childbirth, I know that so many things can happen, and I am prepared for my birth plan to be completely put to the side should something happen. My main goal is to deliver my son safely. But again, natural childbirth is really my goal and I know I can achieve it.

    With all of the good news about the house (fingers still crossed!), I've been getting into nursery planning mode. Here's our color scheme:

    nursery color palette




    We'll be having all white furniture from the crib to the changing table to the dresser, and we're planning on doing white bead boarding around the bottom portion of the wall, with gray paint on top, like this photo but just a different color paint obviously.



    We'll be going with gray/white as the main colors, with various pops of sage green mixed in. The fabric we're using for the curtains, crib skirt and a couple other accessories has been discontinued, but we luckily found an Etsy seller who still has a bolt. So hopefully that will work out, but if not I will be on a mad search for gray and white striped curtains/fabric. If any of you have seen any I'd absolutely love to be linked!

    My stomach has been growing a lot lately (along with my chest, which I really dislike but I know it's for the best), and since I haven't posted photos since week 25 you can see a bit of a difference! I can feel him move constantly and it's a lot more than flutters- he's quite the active little guy and moves around most in the early morning and late night. Hank and I are still so in awe that there is someone in there, and we spend every night just watching my belly move and being incredibly silly and happy...we're still in shock that WE MADE THAT! haha. I also need to take some full body shots soon. I'm not into the typical maternity photo shoot kinda thing but I'll probably utilize my full-length mirror sometime soon.

    28 weeks/7 months!

    28 weeks front

    28 weeks other side

    This week Henry is also the size of a Chinese cabbage (whatever that is!). I swear, these fruit and veggie comparisons are getting weirder and weirder!



    By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to her heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


    Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?). Though his lungs are nearly fully mature (so both of you might breathe a little easier if he were born now), your baby still has plenty of growing to do.

    I'm also so excited for my baby shower! My sister will be sending out the invites in a week or two, and I can't wait to see what my family and friends put together for this event. I'm just really looking forward to spending a day with all of my loved ones. Next weekend Hank and I are making a trip down to Phoenix for a day to pick out our nursery furniture, courtesy of my wonderful Grandma, and to get a few things at various places while we're down. I seriously can't wait to go into Babies R Us again, that's where we are registered and every time I go in I get beyond excited. The clock is definitely ticking down and Henry will be here before we know it! I have so much to do that I try not to feel overwhelmed with all of it, but I know it will all come together.

    So, here's to 7 months of wonderful baby-growing, and a few more of finishing up the job! I can't wait to meet him. Have a great day, and thank you so much (as always!) for stopping by.



    Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/28-weeks7-month-update.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List