Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.31

    This week I am happy to feature the adorable Ashleigh! She is a fellow tattooed mama-to-be, and if you don't already regularly stop by to read her posts, you definitely need to pop over and say hello! The heading on her blog says, "The ramblings of a snowboarder from southeast Alaska who loves tattoos, snow, cupcakes, antique furniture, retro/mod housewares, thrifting, crafting, green tea, apple pie, cashmere, music, photography, collecting.....and lots lots more..." so if that doesn't intrigue you, I don't know what will! Happy reading, and thanks again Ashleigh for being our 31st feature here on Tattoo Tuesday.


    Name and blog name:
    Ashleigh Ewing / http://danashleighewing.blogspot.com

    Age: 25

    Occupation: I slang coffee in a cold rainy city

    Age of first tattoo: 19

    Favorite tattoo: This is a tough one, I love all my tattoo's so much. But if I had to pick just one it would be the tattoo on my upper right arm that says "I love my Husband"

    Featured tattoo/location: Small girl in giant flower garden, left arm.

    Artist/shop/location of featured tattoo: My good friend Milo Irish / Pair-A-dice Tattoo / Juneau Alaska




    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    This tattoo was a slow process and was thought of as I was getting the work done. It started out with two lilies on my left shoulder and shoulder blade. I loved the two lilies but wanted something more so we added two more lilies down my left upper arm and continued to add more and more for months. I used to dream on this tattoo and what it would eventually become. I finally figured out I wanted a little girl in a giant flower garden. Once I decided on that I made appointments to add more kinds of flower and eventually the little girl. I started this tattoo in late 2006 and finally finished it this last spring. It is the only "finished" tattoo on my body!

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    Owl / Chest / Jerry Ware / Portland Oregon
    Peacock Feather / upper inner left arm/ Milo Irish / Juneau Alaska
    "I Love My Husband" / upper right arm / Milo Irish / Juneau Alaska
    81 Stars / lower stomach, left hip, left side, upper back, right shoulder, right collar bone, chest, feet, right wrist/ Milo Irish / Juneau Alaska
    "Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow" / right rib panel/ Milo Irish / Juneau Alaska
    "Treasure the Bullshit" / upper left leg / Milo Irish / Juneau Alaska
    Diamond with a "D" (for Dan) / left right finger / Stevie G / Juneau Alaska
    "AK" (for Alaska) / lower back rib panel right side / Stevie G / Juneau Alaska








    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Always. I plan to do more on my chest, my right arm, one of my legs if not both, and the rest of my back. Lots of work to be done!


    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    My Dad paid for my first tattoo as a birthday gift and has paid for one every birthday since! As far as my friends and other family, the majority of them have tattoos as well. I have gotten snotty looks, rude questions and remarks but for the most part the reaction of strangers is positive.


    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    Research your artist and really think about what your going to get. Meet with your artist to discuss what you want before your appointment. Also have your artist make sketches for you to approve before anything is put on your body. Never be embarrassed or shy to ask the artist to change something. Remember its on YOUR body forever, not theirs. If they make a big deal about changing something on the sketch consider finding someone else.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/tattoo-tuesday-v31.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List