Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday

    I don't usually participate in this wonderful weekly blog feature that a lot of my pals partake in, but this week I thought I would give it a go. Music is a huge part of my life, and I don't think there's many instances where there isn't some form of music being played or created in our home. Recently, I've been listening to the same bands and the same albums over and over, so I thought I would recommend some of my old favorites, just in case any of them are new to you.

    The first band I'm sharing is one of my all-time favorite bands (musicians) from my younger years, Pedro the Lion. SO GOOD. I'm going to recommend his first (and in my opinion, the best) album, originally released in 1998 and then re-recorded and re-released in 2001 by Jade Tree. The album is called "It's Hard to Find a Friend" and has a million of my favorite songs on it. To me, this music is incredibly contemplative. It makes me want to lay in bed and just stare at the ceiling, think about life, and daydream. I hope you enjoy it too.

    Here are a couple songs from that album. Every song is amazing, so if you like it, I suggest downloading the whole thing! If you're viewing this post via Google Reader you'll need to actually click on my blog to see the playlist.


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


    Another band I've been non-stop listening to lately is one of my normal favorites, Lucero. Oh, Ben Nichols. His voice is so amazing and their songs are just so wonderful. Listening to them makes me want to go sit and swing on a front porch, in the middle of the summer somewhere in the South, and have an ice cold beer. Or whiskey. A few things wrong with this picture. One, we don't have a proper front porch or a swing, I live in Arizona, I don't drink beer or whiskey (pregnant or not)...and we're heading into fall. Oh well, a girl can dream. I bet that if you don't already LOVE this band you will soon.

    a few of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums from this band (Tennessee):





    And last but not least I've been listening to St. Vincent an awful lot. My friend Elisa originally introduced me to this wonderful woman a long while back, and I really, really love her and her multiple instrument playing, beautiful singing self. My favorite album of hers is probably "Marry Me," released in 2007. Here are a couple of my favorite songs from that album.





    I hope all of you enjoyed this little music post, and I hope you have a fabulous Monday!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/music-monday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List