Monday, August 2, 2010

So long, sweet summer...

    in my classroom on a Sunday!

    from my desk

    Well, today is my last official day of summer! The photos above are from last summer and the summer before, while I was organizing my empty classroom...and as far as this year, I go back to work tomorrow! Although the kids don't arrive until Monday I'll be spending the week in my classroom, getting ready and doing some planning. It's actually quite easy because I'm teaching the same thing I've taught for the past four years, so all I have to do is make copies and review what I've done in the past and think about whether or not I want to change anything. In years past, no matter how much I've loved my job, I still dreaded the end of summer. I think it's natural...enjoying months of doing whatever you please and than waking up and having to go back to work can be a bit of a shock. However, this year I'm not dreading it at ALL! I'm really excited for summer to be over because that means fall will begin soon, and THAT means our son will be here! We officially have "approximately" 15 weeks until our little guy makes his arrival into the world, so my focus isn't so much on having to end my summer, but all about meeting Henry!

    Besides the obvious, this year is a bit different because I typically teach a section of seniors, in addition to my 4 sophomore classes. This year I'm teaching ALL 10th graders, which makes my job about 10x easier and just kind of weird but I do the same thing all day, 5 times in a row. Much easier, but maybe more boring? We'll see. So I'm excited to get back in my classroom tomorrow and plan out the entire semester, so the sub that takes over when the little one comes will be totally prepared and my kids won't miss out on anything great. Hopefully I will be able to fit in teaching The Crucible before the birth because it's one of my all-time favorite things in literature. If you're curious, I teacher American Literature, and we begin with Native American Literature and go all the way up to modern day, ending with a poetry unit. The first quarter is actually one of my favorites so I'm happy to fully be there for that.

    Other than school everything is going really well. Madeline's just the sweetest little thing ever and I swear she knows I'm pregnant. I can't wait until we end up in a house and can get another little Boston to be her best friend, I know she'll be so happy. Speaking of the house, things are moving along and looking so good. I do NOT want to get my hopes up but we should know something in the next week and things are looking very positive. So cross those fingers, friends! This weekend I came down to get my hair done by my darling friend Rhonda and while in the valley we ran by some furniture stores and I got so excited to maybe, maybe start decorating soon. I am bad about getting ahead of myself, but I figure if it's not this house it will be another, so no harm in looking at furniture right? haha. And as far as my hair, we added some lighter colored panels underneath the dark and it looks so good and so subtle. Rhonda's amazing and I'm really happy with it. I'll take a photo to share this week!

    Now that school is back in session I feel like I have a lot more structure in my life, which I enjoy. I'm looking forward to planning meals and packing lunches, doing that sort of thing. I'm not too sure how much I'll enjoy teaching once I'm hugely pregnant, but so far it's been pretty smooth sailing so I hope it's okay. Let's hope! Wellll, I should be winding down since we have a faculty meeting at 8am tomorrow, so I'm signing off! I hope all of you have a great night.Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/so-long-sweet-summer.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List