Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.33

    *Before I post this week's feature I'd like to make something very clear. When I feature my friends or readers in this space, it is NOT so they can be cut down or have rude/nasty comments made about anything they are sharing. It's one thing to leave a comment on this blog in regards to a post that I make- I couldn't care less and I see it as par for the course- but these are my guests, and I simply won't tolerate that kind of nonsense. From now on if you don't have something nice to say on a feature post here, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. It's not welcome and I simply won't have you rude, anonymous people treating guests of my blog in such a disrespectful way. I wouldn't allow it in my home, and I won't allow it in my internet home. So, with that little bit of negativity out of the way, on to some happiness, shall we? :)


    This week I am featuring one of my FAVORITE people in the entire blogging world ever, my friend Megan! Megan and I have been reading each others' blogs for a couple of years now, and I absolutely adore this wonderful woman. She's a huge inspiration to me, incredibly sweet and intelligent, and on the top of my "I can't wait to meet you" list. Do yourself a favor and visit her blog if you're looking to become inspired by clean/healthy eating, a do-it-yourself kinda mama, and her daily photos of her beautiful self and family. She is only 20 years old, but is incredibly wise beyond her years. Featuring her here is long overdue, and I'm excited to share her words and photos with all of you. So thanks Megan for being a part of this series!

    Name and blog name: Megan! - www.meganislove.tumblr.com

    Age: 20

    Occupation: Army Wife & Stay at home mom to my wonderful daughter, Scarlett!

    Age of first tattoo: 17

    Favorite tattoo: I'd have to say that would be my newest addition, my lighthouse.

    Featured tattoo/location: Lighthouse on right forearm.

    Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Kane at Spider Monkey tattoo in Olympia, Washington.



    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    I've always loved Nautical Artwork, but found myself really falling in love with it, after my husband joined the Army ( yep! not the Navy! funny huh?). The symbolism I took with the lighthouse was, no matter how far (you're out to sea) or lost in life, there will always be a lighthouse (or light) guiding you back home. For me, being whipped away from all of my family and friends, and dealing with the Military life represented that. It was hard to always see the light at the end of the tunnel - Getting my lighthouse, helps me realize that no matter how hard things get - there will always be a 'light'. I also asked my artist to specifically include an Anchor to my piece - to me, an anchor symbolizes "stability" and for my husband and I, getting to that point has been a hard and rocky road, but we are finally there! and I wanted to commemorate that moment! :)






    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    Yes! I have a 1/2 sleeve of two newlyweds, Dia de los Muertos style! I'm absolutely in love with this tattoo, but most of all, my artist included two little love birds sitting in a tree behind the groom :) - I also have a diamond on my right wrist, "Don't Panic" on my left forearm (not because of Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy! haha. more of just a reminder to myself! :) and Ben's initials down in my...pelvic region :)




    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Oh yes, definitely! I have a couple more pieces being planned right now. I've been thinking of something special for my daughter, but nothing is good enough, yet! :)



    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    Ah, I've been waiting to answer this question! :) I know this sounds absolutely horrible - but, my mother didn't know about any of my tattoos, until a year and a HALF after I got them! She absolutely despises them, and I was so scared she'd disown me (not even kidding), I just couldn't tell her..but of course, she ended up finding out, and absolutely LOVES the ones I have. She makes subtle hints here and there, about how she really thinks the one's I have are ENOUGH, but she also supports everything I choose in my life and I couldn't love her more.
    But negativity? Oh sure! Moms look at me differently because of them, but I know the art on my skin, doesn't make me any less of a mother, so it doesn't matter to me! :)



    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    A friend once told me, when I was struggling on the drawing for my tattoo, "tattoo artists...are...artists! shoot out some words that are meaningful to you, (regarding the tattoo you want) and let them come up with something! That's their job!"
    & That's exactly what I've done with every tattoo! I give them some key notes about what I want and let their minds go to work. I end up loving what they come up with every time!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/tattoo-tuesday-v33.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List