Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF, right? (I'd love some input too!)

    today
    older photo I made into a button over there on the right hand sidebar! ;)

    Well, it's Friday! Today was a good day. I'm extremely happy it's the end of the week- not "relieved" because my classes are actually all pretty great, just basically overall happy. I had a doctor's appointment today and got to hear the thump-thump of our little boy's heart. It's always such an amazing thing to be able to hear that, and it always kind of makes me tear up a bit. Since it's a group practice I've been scheduling all of my appointments with the NP/Midwife and I love love love her. I should have seen her all along, but better late than never I guess. I got to talk to her about some things I've been experiencing that I haven't even talked about here. Since I've been pregnant I've had some weird episodes that are similar to anxiety attacks (which I am no stranger to), but they're slightly different. I get really hot, light headed, and overall it feels like anxiety, but the doctor thinks it from my very low blood pressure rather than my mental health. Who really knows. All I know is that it's not fun. Last time it happened was about 4 days ago on the first day of school, in the morning, and it was pretty bad. I had to sit on the couch for about 20 minutes until it passed. The midwife told me that even if I have minor anxiety issues (like I do from time to time), these can be exacerbated during pregnancy, or it could be the blood pressure thing she was talking about. It's happened just a few times but she said to keep an eye on this and let her know. So...let's hope that it was a passing thing and it is smooth sailing from here!

    In other news, I began a really wonderful book last night. It's called "The Center of Everything" by Laurie Moriarty and according to my Kindle I've read about 30% of it. Obviously I can't give a review of it since I'm only about a fourth done but I will say that it has the possibility to be in my top 10 favorite books ever if it continues at the pace its going. I don't want to give anything away (I hate even reading summaries on Amazon beforehand), but here's a vague snippet about the book from Publisher's Weekly:

    For 10-year-old Evelyn Bucknow, there really is no place like home. On all the world maps she's ever seen, the United States has been smack dab in the middle, with Kansas in the middle of that. "I feel so lucky to live here, right in the center," she proclaims, in Moriarty's wonderfully down-to-earth debut. Dazzled by visions of Ronald Reagan on the television, the twinkle in his eye and his contention that "God put America between two oceans on purpose," Evelyn's youthful optimism is shaken by her young single mother Tina's inability to take control of her life.

    I definitely, definitely recommend it if you're looking for a new book to read!

    Other than that, I've been keeping busy with sleeping a lot, hoping and wishing we hear news about our short (long) sale house offer, and daydreaming about holding baby Henry. Currently I'm thinking about getting myself to the gym for a late night workout to stretch my legs a bit and clear my mind. It seems like a perfect night for a long go on the elliptical with some music and a good book. If you couldn't tell, I'm having a wild Friday night!

    Before I go, I'd like to ask all of you for some input about something I've been thinking about for a few months. Here are some of my blog's stats: currently I average 7 posts a week, have 1581 followers via blogger, 2,174 readers via Google Reader, and average about 3,150 page views a day (averaging approximately 14,500 visits/22,000 page views a week- and these numbers have been consistently growing). The reason I am telling you about all of this, is to share that I am currently thinking about opening up sponsorship spots. In the past I've been wary of sponsorship, but the larger my reader base becomes, and the more small business owners I meet, I've come to realize what a neat opportunity it is to be able to feature people I support- be them Etsy shops, Mommy bloggers, bloggers in general, baby shops, tattoo-related products, small-companies, etc, and share them with so many thousands of like-minded people. I've seen a handful of my blog friends go this way recently (the darling Holly Sarah being one of them who has inspired me- be sure to check out Create Loves if you don't already), and I've spoken to a few about it (thank you again Diana for your input), and I believe that this is something I'd like to do. What I'd like to know from YOU is how many of you would be interested in a sponsorship spot here on Sometimes Sweet? I would be doing a small number of month-to-month ad runs at a reasonable rate (with options for longer runs at discount) with giveaway options. The one thing I DO NOT want my blog to turn into, is a space that is all about sponsors, making money off sponsors, etc. There's nothing that I hate more than when I blog I love suddenly turns into giveaway central with tons of "ads" from all sorts of random shops and people, and the content I love falls to the wayside. This blog is about my life. That will never change. I never started blogging to have this many (wonderful) people a day come here, but it's happened, and I've welcome it with open arms. It's given me the chance to meet so, so many amazing people and have a place to share my writing, which I just love. I think this will be a fun step for me, and if I don't enjoy having sponsors, or I feel it takes away from the "me" aspect of this space, I will stop. But I think it is worth a try and something I am moving towards, probably as Fall begins.

    So again, I'd love to see who is interested in a spot here, as well as get any and all feedback about this topic.

    Thanks so much for your input, as always. Love you all!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/tgif-right-i-love-some-input-too.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List