Friday, December 10, 2010

Guest from Jess/Boho Baby Blog!


    Hey there! My name is Jess Gatlyn from the Boho Baby Bump blog. When Danielle asked me to contribute a guest blog post I was so excited. I'll admit, I squealed! And, we are oh so excited that her little man, Henry has arrived!

    Since it is so close to Christmas time, I thought I'd share with you guys some fun and simple to make Christmas ornaments. You can use vintage hymnals or any old books that you might have laying around. I first started making these last year. Seeing that it was my first married Christmas, our decor budget was a little tight. So, I sat down with my old, yellowed paper hymnals, which I had used in my wedding for decor. I got out my vintage button collection, some old trim, a glue gun and I played. Sometimes Christmas ornaments can get kinda pricey. The cost to make these is next to nothing, and they will give your "Tis the Season" a more personal touch.

    Although these are a very basic version, you can get super creative and layer them, add to them and create all sorts of new goodies. I made these in all different sizes and covered my tree with old tunes. My whole theme was hymnal paper and vintage buttons. I'll probably do something similar this year as well. This is also a fun project to do with the fam and it is super kid friendly. If you're doing this with kiddos, you can easily substite the glue gun for a glue stick.

    If you decide to give it a go, please send a pic my way and let me see where your creative juices take you.

    Happy creating everyone!



    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/12/guest-from-jessboho-baby-blog.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive