Monday, December 13, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.48


    Name and blog name: Tiffany at http://sweeet-stars.blogspot.com/ and http://starpowerrr.tumblr.com

    Age: 20

    Occupation: Sales Associate at Forever 21

    Age of first tattoo: 18

    Favorite tattoo: My Snow White half-sleeve, even though it's not finished!

    Featured tattoo/location: Snow White half-sleeve on my left arm.



    1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    Snow White, for the person she was, is inspiring to me. When I say that, I usually I have a lot of people ask me if I'm vain, because Snow White is the "fairest of them all", I must only care about being beautiful! And well, I simply tell them they have it all wrong! Physical beauty is subjective to every person based on what fancies them, but I believe it's inner beauty that counts the most of all. Snow White was the fairest of them all, not because of her physical beauty, but because of her heart and her soul -- her inner beauty. The reason why the queen could never be as beautiful as her was because she missed the point all together, she was only looking at the outside and not the inside.

    Snow White was kind to all walks of life, and incredibly brave despite everything she went through. Not many people look at Snow White as brave at first, but I can't say I would have the same courage and relentless optimism to make the best out of a horrible situation like she did. She was always happy, smiling, and singing through the worst of times. She made the best of her life and always kept her head up, even after almost being killed by a woodsman sent by her very own step-mother to murder her. She ran through the woods with no where to go, and took a chance at creating a new, happy life, without even knowing where it would take her. Her kind heart, beautiful soul, and her courage to make the best of every situation she was given, changed the lives, and hearts, of every person and every creature she met.
    I look up to her and try to be as kind-hearted, loving, selfless, compassionate, positive, brave, and optimistic as she is, in the best of times and especially in the worst. My half-sleeve is a tribute not only to Snow White herself, but to a wonderful and beautiful piece of animation and music!


    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    My chest piece, which says "When You Wish Upon A Star."


    Snow White birds located on the top of each foot.


    A paopu fruit located on my left hip. It was a friendship tattoo, so my best friend has the same on the opposite hip. In Kingdom Hearts, the legend is that if two people share a paopu fruit, their destinies are intertwined, and they will remain a part of each other's lives no matter what.


    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    I certainly do. I have some more Disney pieces in mind, something for Futurama, my favorite TV show, and my favorite video game Kingdom Hearts.


    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

    Most of my family hasn't seen my tattoos (at least not to my knowledge) because they all live in Florida and Louisiana. My mom and I are all by ourselves in New Hampshire and Massachusetts! My mom likes my tattoos, despite not understanding why anyone goes through with the pain of it, and my father has seen my tattoos and likes them. I just feel very lucky to have such accepting and understanding parents.

    I have had some negativity about my tattoos before, I think it comes with putting yourself on the internet-it attracts attention that's not always good. All that matters to me is that I love my tattoos, at the end of the day! I can realize that even if people do judge me, they have no right to, and there is no legitimate reason to let myself get hurt by it. I have never really gotten any negative criticism of my tattoos in the real world, which is nice.

    My boyfriend of two years, Matt, has two tattoos.



    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    While the thought of getting tattoos can be exciting and you may be eager to just think of something good so you can get one already, it's best not to force tattoo ideas on yourself for the sake of getting a tattoo! I have been asked before how I brainstorm, or come up with, my different tattoo ideas, and my answer is that they always just sort of come to me, and then I knew they were right because they just felt right, even after waiting for months, and sometimes whole years, to finally get them. Patience is a virtue, and I think it's truly best to also wait a little while and see if an idea "sticks". I have had many tattoo ideas in the past two and a half years since I've been 18, but now that I think back on some of them, even the ones I had four months ago, I think about how, in hindsight, it wasn't a good idea after all. If I had gotten those tattoos the same month I thought of them, I probably wouldn't be too thrilled about them now, whereas everyday I look at the few tattoos I DO have, and I'm thrilled all over again!

    So, just let ideas come to you naturally, and when you get one you like, collect lots of different kinds of inspiration to help perfect your idea: watch movies, listen to music, look through photos, or in my case with the Disney stuff, buy lots of coloring books! And also, be patient and sit on your ideas for a while. :)


    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/12/tattoo-tuesday-v48.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive