Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2009 in Review- Part 1 of 3- Image heavy!

    What a year...I would say that 2009 was a year of personal growth for me. I know I'll always be evolving and changing, but this year was the year where I finally felt like I came into "my own" - I'm exactly who I want to be at this point in my life, and that's awesome! This year was also a busy year in terms of family, both good and bad. I had successes, I had points where I felt incredibly sad, I fell so much more in love with Hank, and I got closer with my family and figured out life a little more! 2009 was great for me. With that said, I'd like to take a journey through this past year, month by month, via my flickr.

    Because I take so many photos, I am going to break this up into three different segments. I'll do the second later this week, and the third next week.

    Here's Part One! I tried to include a little bit of everything, but even doing that I'm still leaving out a lot of things. If you're so inclined, you can always visit my Flickr account if you'd like to see every little bit!

    January 2009

    I rang in the New Year with some of my closest friends in Tucson, AZ. I am not really a fan of Tucson by any means, but Hank's band played a house show down there so south we went to the desert. I love going to shows, but these kind of shows- where it's kind of a wild free for all and I know it's not even safe to wear cute clothes- is not my type of fun whatsoever. I'm talking the kind of show at a punk house with beer flying everywhere (RIP pink Canon Powershot), firecrackers going off indoors, and sweaty people all over the place. Seriously my own personal nightmare. I like to have fun just as much as the next person, but this is not fun to me! But, we made the best of it and ended up having a decent night.

    Adie, Amber and me in our hotel
    usss

    at the show- what's up Thirst Buster cups?
    happy new year!

    my main squeeze and me- he is post-set and sweaty. I am post-beer being thrown everywhere and icky.
    tired, tired us

    outside by the bonfire
    outside

    My sister also turned 24 in January, and I planned a little dinner party for her and our friends at Olive and Ivy in Scottsdale, and than a little night on the town. It was a lot of fun!

    at dinner
    family

    the whole table
    dinner at olive and ivy

    heading downtown

    all of us

    end of the night

    In January we also moved into a new place-and here is a photo I took while totally annoyed with packing.
    moving is the pits.

    Our old house during an insane snowstorm in January
    yay!

    Snow!
    freezing

    hank in the snow


    In January my dad unfortunately had a horrible heart attack and was pronounced dead when he arrived at the hospital. He was revived twice, but was in a coma for awhile, and the doctors warned us he probably wouldn't make it, and if he did, he'd be extremely brain damaged. I'm happy to say that today he has made a full recovery, after having a quadruple bypass. Here's a photo of my dad, pre-surgery. He was in the hospital for weeks prior to this, and that cut on his head was from the massive fall he took during the attack. I am so grateful he is alive!
    my mom with my dad before his (successful) triple bypass

    February 2009

    February was a much better month- my Dad was feeling better so that made everything so much brighter. I also love Valentine's Day!

    i love you!

    impromptu cupcakes for hank

    getting ready for two birthday celebrations tonight!

    We celebrated my dear friend Erin's birthday with a barbeque at her house, complete with yummy veggie dogs and boardgames. So fun.

    love

    this game was intense

    love them

    the birthday girl!
    the birthday girl!

    We also marched in a "Save Our Schools" rally that my friend Robyn organized during the beginning of the educational budget cuts.
    heading around the square

    kelli, me, cici

    more

    marching for education

    March 2009

    In March Hank and I did a bit of traveling and visited California to stay with our best friends Autumn, Jason, and their daughter (and my god-daughter) Chloe. They live in downtown Long Beach, right on the beach, and we always have the best time whenever we visit them. We also went to LA first to visit Adie and the KAWS exhibit at Honor-Fraser.

    KAWS- this painting was so sick





    the lentil burger, yum

    at california vegan

    ca vegan

    my goddaughter chloe and me

    my love

    Uncle Hank teaching Chloe important stuff ;)

    Hanky and Autumn

    i love you

    downtown with hank

    yogurtland! so good.

    long beach

    hubby

    beautiful day today

    We also went to Disneyland, one of my most favorite places in the world! We always have such a great time whenever we go- I think it's a really cutesty, romantic place and Hank and I could literally spend a week there. And we actually have before, thanks to his Mom!


    leaving the disney railroad

    hank!

    castle photo

    thunder mountain

    our ears

    I'm too small to see! hah
    hank is priceless here, you can kind of see me!

    I saw Mirah with some of my girlfriends-
    xo

    mirah at the modified- phoenix, az

    zoe, elisa, me

    Later that week we also celebrated Zoe's birthday! (and Nick's too) :)
    happy birthday nick and zoe!

    This month I visited my parents' even more than usually do to all the vacation time, and did a lot of relaxing!
    madeline!

    i loove phoenix in the spring!

    mom and laur at breakfast

    While back in Phoenix I hung out with friends, baked, went to shows...

    blueberry muffins

    aww

    sarah's new band, ready resist

    mug shot one

    yogurberry's new black cherry flavor, mmm

    spring time dress

    andrea and tom

    <3

    April 2009


    Suki came to visit us for the millionth time- she is the best friend!
    at sweettart for brunch

    She helped me chaperone Prom!

    prom looked like a rave...?

    sarah, me, jenn, derk

    glow

    looking all teacher-y

    I spent Easter at my parents' house- it was really fun! Unfortunately Hank was on tour but it was still a great weekend!
    happy easter!



    the "hawthorne" girls

    my whole, entire world! minus hanky

    us

    it was sunny, and perfect romper weather!
    all i wear in the summer

    it was rainy...and perfect weather for frozen yogurt!
    rainy-day umbrella-covered-yogurt


    I got on a huge Kashi Go Lean cereal kick.
    good morning monday!


    Hank and I spent a lot of time outdoors.
    enjoying the weather on our back porch

    my adorable hubby

    us <3

    maddie baby

    heading to lunch

    so good

    breakfast picnic at the square

    for emily! thumbs up for today!

    making a certain someone a special gift!

    driving down to phoenix to get tattooed

    I watched my friend Jenn take off on a bike race!
    jenn this morning at the start of her bike race downtown!

    I got another tattoo by Cory :)this hurt more than i expected

    a little closer

    As always, wonderful friends came into town!
    serious brett, sweet hank

    at sundances

    tired sunday morning faces

    heading to brunch

    Phew! That was a lot of work, haha. The next installment will be May-August which were insane travel months for us! This is really fun and is bringing back some fantastic memories.

    If anyone would like to do this with me, please do! I'd love to read all about your 2009!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/2009-in-review-part-1-of-3-image-heavy.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive