Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Daily rundown and recipe!

    First of all, thank you all SO much for all of the amazingly kind comments on my body image post that I made this morning. It means a lot to me that you guys read what I write, and it makes me feel so happy that I am giving some of you hope, and a common ground. It's astounding to know so many women have gone through similar struggles, and I hope that all of us can continue to support each other and come out on the positive end of it all! Remember you are beautiful. :)

    So, I woke up pretty late this morning, and when I went to take Madeline on a little walk, I noticed that snow was starting to fall very softly! As the day progressed more and more snow started to fall, and now, at 5:30pm, there is quite a bit on the ground. I seriously love snow! A lot of people don't know this, but it does snow in Arizona! We live up north, in Prescott, which is about 2 hours from Phoenix. It definitely snows up here, and in all of the other northern towns too. Today as I was tweeting with the lovely Jamie, I realized that maybe some people only think of AZ as a hot, desert place, so I just wanted to clarify. The best part about Prescott is that we get all of the seasons, but nothing too crazy. The summers up here are to die for too. Basically it's the most perfect town in the entire world! Two of my blog friends have recently come up to visit, which is awesome. I love reading about Prescott from an outside point of view, and seeing all of the things that they find cute about this town. If you want to check out Chelsea's post about it, you can go here!

    Today's snow:
    SNOW!

    Madeline running around in our front yard- she was soo happy.
    Madeline running in the snow

    I spent the day doing little projects around the house- I organized cupboards, cleaned the bathroom, and did some baking! Madeline and I had a great time being "snowed in," and it really got me in the holiday spirit.

    good morning!

    love my little girl

    it was a bow kinda day!
    today was a bow kinda day

    details...
    dress details

    my handsome husband, home from work! Don't mind our closet- the doors broke today (oops) and he has to fix them tonight.
    handsome husband, home from work

    I also wanted to share another fabulous recipe from my Mom. These cookies are very easy to make and are truly delicious. They take just a few minutes to whip up, and really bake beautifully. Let me know if you try them! I'm also including photos of the batch I whipped up today! Enjoy.

    Drop Cookies

    1. 1/2 cup butter
    2. 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
    3. 1 large egg
    4. 1 teaspoon vanilla
    5. 2 cups flour
    6. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    7. 1/4 teaspoon salt
    8. 1/4 cup sour cream

    Mix 1, 2, 3, and 4 until fluffy at medium speed
    Combine 5, 6, and 7 and add at low speed into mixture
    Then beat 8 into dough
    Drop tablespoons onto cookie sheet
    Put Hershey kiss in middle
    Bake at 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes until lightly browned

    baking hershey kiss drop cookies

    yum!

    a little closer

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/daily-rundown-and-recipe.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive