Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quick and easy dinner idea!

    I love to cook, and my favorite kind of meals are easy to make. I know that not everyone has the time to plan and prepare elaborate meals, so this meal I am going to share is the quickest, easiest thing ever. First, I have to say that I usually like to cook large amounts of staples on Sunday- whole wheat pasta, baked tofu, etc. That way I can just throw these things in to my meals and it cuts down on a lot of preparation time and it's easier for me to pack Hank and my lunches during the work week. In this meal, for instance, I already had the whole wheat pasta cooked, so the total prep time was under seven minutes. Awesome.

    Ingredients:

    baked tofu (you can bake your own- if you'd like those directions I'd be happy to share)
    *When I'm making a quick dinner I prefer to use frozen tofu steaks, and my favorite is featured in the photos below.
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
    raw spinach
    whole wheat pasta (whatever amount you want)
    tomato (or other bright colored veggie!)

    All you have to do is reheat the tofu in a skillet. At the same time, sautee the garlic in the olive oil until browned. Once browned, add in a LOT of spinach- it shrivels up so the more the merrier! Let this simmer for awhile until it's to your liking. Heat up some of the whole wheat pasta you made earlier (or go ahead and make some before you start all of this), add another veggie (I chose tomato), and wa-la! You have yourself a SUPER healthy meal, with every type of food you need...fruit/veggie. healthy fats, whole grains, and protein. And, it's truly delicious.

    the tofu steaks I mentioned earlier. They are about $4 at our local health food store and so worth it- they come in a pack of four!
    favorite quick tofu

    my favorite whole wheat pasta- one of the only kinds I've found that doesn't fall apart and get gross! This one is from Trader Joe's.
    the only DELICIOUS whole wheat pasta I've ever found!

    Hank washing some dishes ;)
    <3

    cooking...
    sauteeing spinach

    and DONE!
    tonight's dinnerSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/quick-and-easy-dinner-idea.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive