Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good morning!

    I'm not sure what it was, but last night I got into a bit of a blue mood, which I don't mind because they're far and few between my happy moods...but still a bummer. Hank goes to bed early these days because he has to be up for work at 7am, so I'm usually up a lot later. It's funny how the roles have switched. I will be back at school on Monday though, and I will be up at 5am each morning for the gym! I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I do make goals (essentially the same thing but a different name, haha), and one of my goals is to get to the gym at 5am four out of five work mornings. I used to go all the time bright and early, but it's easier to put it off and go late at night when it's empty. I do best when I get it out of the way, and now that Hank is a member of the gym, I can go again with him at night and focus on lifting. So that's one goal I am setting for the new year. But back to my blue mood, I'm unsure where it came from, and I even woke up in poor spirits. I'm feeling one hundred percent better now though, and when I finish this post I'm going to go on a run, do a power clean of the house and then get ready for this evening. Tonight is Hank's company holiday party and I'm looking forward to meeting his coworkers. I've met some of them just due to it being his mom's company, but the majority of people will be new, which is always fun.

    I should mention that I added a formspring over there on the left side of my blog. I'm still working on the last questions from that old Q&A post, but if you ever want to know anything, feel free to formspring it to me. It's totally anonymous, and I will answer your question or address your comment in my very next post!

    Additionally, thank you all SO much for all of your sweet comments and supportive words when I was feeling so weird about this public blog last night. I really appreciated all of them, and you all definitely helped me feel okay about it. I texted with my friend Jenn about it last night too- she is also a teacher who blogs, and that made me feel a lot better as well. So thanks!

    Awhile back I also somehow forgot to mention in the craziness of the holiday that I won a giveaway! Stephanie let me know that I was the winner of her Winter White giveaway and I am so excited to receive the adorable prizes in the mail and post all about them. So thanks again, Stephanie, you are too sweet! <3

    And one more blog-related item: if you are in the mood for a blog makeover in the new year, don't hesitate to visit Lindsay's blog. She designed my adorable layout and she can do yours too! Here's her link.

    OH and as I was writing this, I got my very first formspring question! YAY. I'm excited.

    It says: "Do you ever miss being untattooed? I'm getting ready to get my first and I'm nervous that I'll miss the 'naked' me."

    To be honest, there are times when yes, I will see an old photo of me with that pretty skin and think, wow, look how different I look. It's not that I miss that, it's just different and so interesting to me. Before I got tattooed I would see girls with chest pieces and think that was literally the most insane thing I'd ever seen. Now I am one of those girls! It makes me laugh. But as far as missing being untattooed...no. The only thing I miss is being able to wear whatever I want without people giving me weird looks. That gets old. And the constant questions get really old too. And I don't mean on here...I mean some random guy grabbing my arm in a store to ask me questions. It's weird. I know what I was getting into when I chose to become heavily tattooed, and I went through similar things that you're going through. I have a hard time committing to one outfit in a day...so it's interesting I was able to commit to having the same thing on my body for life. Just be sure whatever you get you love, and will love forever and ever. I'm sure you will go through a phase where you're like "Oh my goodness, what have I done," but this is normal. I had a little stage like that when my family initially gave me a hard time. It passed quickly though, and I realized that I only get one shot at this life, and I'm going to enjoy it and do whatever I please with my body. I love tattoos and I'd actually prefer to have a lot more than I do now, including my hands and sides of my neck. Until we have kids though I am working, so a teacher with hand and neck tattoos probably isn't ideal for the public school system. I hope I answered your question- I have a tendency to ramble on a bit!

    Have a beautiful Tuesday everyone! I'm off to go on a run!

    good morning- heading off on a run!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/good-morning.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive