Monday, December 21, 2009

2009 in Review- Part 2 of 3- Image heavy!

    Here is the second part of my "2009 in photos" post! I am only including May and June in this update because the summer was so full of activity month by month!

    May 2009

    May was a wonderful month, full of so much happiness and traveling!

    We started the month going to one of Shirley's events called "Viva Las Vegas." Shirl is the president of a huge non-profit organization called 20/30 in Scottsdale, so this fundraiser was to raise money for one of their charities. It was super fun! It's always more fun knowing your money is going to a good place, too.

    It was so windy!
    SO WINDY

    Autumn, Hank, Jason
    some of my favorite people

    It was a beautiful night!
    viva las vegas at city north

    "Oh Henry"
    OH HENRY

    Shirl, Autumn and me
    my best friends

    Hank and I spend a lot of time in Phoenix, because my parents live down in Mesa, and we can't seem to go two weeks without seeing them!

    at my parents'
    long day, back home!

    our wedding bakery remade our cake topper for our 1 year wedding anniversary!
    anniversary remake of our cupcake tower cake topper!

    Here's the original, one year before this-
    0095

    I worked out a lot in May, in preparation for the summer
    my morning view

    I continued to take annoying amounts of self-portraits ;)
    good morning thursday

    Amber Joy came to Mesa to visit for my birthday!
    before dinner

    We ate dinner at Caffe Boa and then my sister threw me a rollerskating party!
    birthday dinner at caffe boa on mill

    painting by Mando
    what a wonderful gift!

    the wonderful Lance ready to SKATE! :)
    lance!

    cute

    i love zoe!

    lovebirds

    Hour of the Wolf played a little set while everyone skated :)
    hour of the wolf played a little set

    Shirley's birthday is right by mine, so we also celebrated her special day!
    car

    too cute

    summer dress!

    shirl and emily

    the girls

    erin and me

    yummy tofu!

    baby camryn! due june 10th

    Happy, happy birthday bestie!
    the birthday girl!

    May = frozen yogurt!
    mojo yogurt...mmm

    and pizza at Slices...
    at slices

    hank

    the birthday girl enjoying some pizza at 2am!

    In May we took a three-week trip all around the East Coast. It was fabulous. This photo was taken prior to taking off for Vermont...scary!
    the sky we will soon be flying in :(

    Hello middle of the night in an airport!
    airport, heading to newark

    Good morning Vermont!
    relaxing after a long day of traveling

    auntie el

    so pretty

    heading out for the day, enjoying beautiful Vermont
    heading to breakfast

    breakfast at Shelburne Farms
    silly

    hank

    breakfast time!

    Auntie El, Uncle Paul, cousin Daron, Hank and me
    family

    Mom and Dad
    mom, dad

    overcast, beautiful day

    my Uncle Paul grew up in this house- beautiful!
    my uncle grew up in this house

    Farmhouse (and Auntie El)
    leaving the farm

    <3

    baby animals love hank

    mama and me

    i make my sister take stupid photos

    My Aunt and Uncle are serious boaters (and race sailboats), so whenever we visit we always spend time at the pretty Yacht Club on one of their huge, gorgeous boats.
    walking down to the dock

    us

    sailing away

    happy

    beautiful day

    All week we enjoyed amazing, organic, farm-fresh food -
    our sunday evening feast

    yum!

    practicing with our new nikon d60

    daron being daron

    Hank and I celebrated our birthday (we are three days apart)!
    uncle paul bringing us our early birthday cake!

    rasberry torte

    We played in the beautiful fields...
    weeds are pretty



    beautiful

    We visited the Ben & Jerry's factory! YUM
    outside

    ticket to get in

    hank is stoked

    the "Flavor Graveyard"
    laur and hank

    I played with our new Nikon D60-
    practicing with our new nikon D60

    the house
    practicing with our new nikon d60

    We went hiking in their backyard...acres and acres and trails and trails of beautiful-ness!
    sun

    We went to Burlington
    <3

    dad and hank

    We enjoyed Vermont so much.
    tuesday afternoon

    love the green grass

    goodnight vermont

    Then, we left to go to New Jersey, to spend our time on the shore.

    First things first...White Castle! haha ;)
    a nj classic...kind of gross if you ask me!

    Then to the Mug Rack, our favorite diner growing up!
    dad

    The to Rita's! food food food!
    rita's gelatis

    We visited my mom's old school she taught at-
    mom


    my love

    We celebrated my official birthday at Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar. It's one of the best vegan restaurants I've ever been to!

    my birthday lunch- the best veggie burger i've ever had! mmm

    hank's huge apps platter

    the birthday boy and girl at lunch

    We visited some of the shops in downtown Belmar-
    lauren

    Back at our place, on the porch!
    my morning view from our deck

    view
    quick shot with the D60


    We also celebrated our 1st wedding anniversay, on May 31, 2009!

    My parents were out with their friends, so Hank, my sister and I spent the day on the boardwalk before Hank and I left for a little dinner date to celebrate the day. It was an absolutely beautiful day- perfect weather and gorgeous scenery.

    hank and lauren

    the beach

    our froggy!

    loved the swings as a kid

    boardwalk

    kohl's orange and cream- a boardwalk tradition!

    playing with the colors







    <3

    anniversary dinner date at Sentosa's in Brick
    anniversary lunch at sentosa

    "pork" with steamed broccoli

    Our time there was amazing- we took lots of long walks, went running, ate tons of ice cream and relaxed to the max. The show Jersey Shore portrays only one side of beautiful NJ, and we definitely experienced all of the most wonderful parts.

    the strawberry was mine :)

    relaxing

    June 2009

    We spent part of June in NYC, celebrating Hank's birthday!

    leaving the shore to go into the city-
    heading to nyc

    lunchtime!
    our lunch

    "Rice to Riches" -delicious rice pudding shop
    at rice to riches- hank's favorite

    stoked in Toy Tokyo
    :)

    this bearbrick is almost as big as me!

    the birthday boy and me

    sisters <3

    Hank's bday dinner at Red Bamboo
    the BEST vegan buffalo wings i've ever had!

    vintage shopping with Lauren
    vintage dresses

    walking around the city
    heading to meet emily

    vegan cupcakes at Atlas
    laur splitting a cupcake with me

    hanging out with my darling Emily (umm bad picture of me! hah)
    my sweet emily!

    We also spent a lot of time with family all over the place-
    We went to a graduation bbq at the Glowacki's in Hillsborough-
    me, opa, hank, corin

    Aunt Marita and Hank
    aunt marita and hank

    Uncle John and Hank! haha
    crazies <3

    at cait's graduation party

    The yard where I have many happy childhood memories! :)
    beautiful day

    After being gone for close to a month, we finally came home to Prescott! Amber Joy and Adria were home for the summer so we had a great time hanging out and having fun.

    I got my leg tattooed- hence the poor, swollen thigh!
    welcome home

    Amber adopted her babygirl Lily
    the proud new mommy with her pup

    We hung out downtown a lot...
    adie and addy

    kaliedewhat?

    it was a beautiful day!

    I kept taking self-portraits... ;)
    good morning monday

    Madeline had to have emergency surgery when a "foxtail" got caught in her gums and worked its way into her cheek. It was a very sad, scary time.

    the evil foxtail plant- who knew something so small could be so dangerous!
    that evil foxtail. via hank's flickr

    poor baby...post surgery...
    poor baby :(

    sad baby=sad mama
    sad baby, sad mama

    Once Madeline was better, Shirley, Alana, and I took a roadtrip to Long Beach for Chloe's 1st birthday!
    shirley in the car en route to long beach!

    prettiest babe in the world

    probably not the most flattering angle, but YAY new leg tattoo!

    the loops

    jumping!

    alana and me walking back to the house

    heading to sushi

    bestie

    chloe

    mimosas

    good morning sunday!

    When I got home, Hank and I took a long weekend in Las Vegas! It was a lot of fun.

    on the way there-
    heading to vegas

    view

    super late at night...super tired...but we pulled it together and went downstairs for a bit! :)
    goodnight!

    hank's stepmom, hank's dad, and hank playing "let it ride" poker

    sunday

    "the hamptons do las vegas"

    I don't like to gamble but I love this machine!
    i won a lot on this blessed machine

    Whew! That took a long time- again I am SO SORRY if this slowed your computer, I promise the others won't be so big, and then I will never do this again...at least until next year! ;)

    I'll be back in a couple of days with the next installment! :)

    Thanks again for reading.
    xoxoSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/2009-in-review-part-2-of-3-image-heavy.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive