Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday night- birthday fun

    Last night was such a great night. Two of my closest friends, Alana and Erin, celebrated their birthdays. The night began in downtown Phoenix, at the First Friday Art Walk, continued at a couple of bars- including Lost Leaf, my favorite...and ended at Hanny's, for a late night birthday dinner. The older I get, the more I appreciate birthdays. I'm not one to get sad about them at all- I think it's so awesome to have "made it" another year, and the whole idea of the celebration is fantastic! YES! Let's celebrate you and your life, and this past year, and let's toast to the next year. Birthdays are my favorite days, and this is even more so when they are the birthdays of people I love.

    I've been friends with Erin since our freshman year in college, when we lived in the same dorm, and we both ended up rushing Pi Phi. We've been close ever since, spending birthdays and holiday parties, nights out, girl's trips and vacations across the country together. She's a really special person to me, so her birthday is a special day to me too, since I'm so happy she was born...as weird as it sounds! haha. And my sweet Alana- I met her my sophomore year of college and immediately fell in friend love with her. We've been the same kind of close ever since- spending those same girl's nights, trips, etc. Alana is one of my all-time favorite people, and to know her is to love her forever. Our group of girl friends has been close for a long time, and once you get to the point where you've all been friends for close to a decade, it's really just a big family. We're all so incredibly different, and it's so neat that over the years we've remained so close. Weddings, babies, up and downs...we've all been there for one another.

    Last night was no different! It was super fun, and a night to remember for sure. Here are some photos from the evening-

    downtown Art Walk
    downtown Phoenix- 1st Friday

    the birthday girls and me
    the birthday girls and me

    my cute little besties and me
    my best friends!

    the gorgeous sisters
    sister, sister!

    Erin, Kyle and Jeff (this was one of the few photos I took with my D60- you can totally tell the picture quality!)
    Erin, Kyle and Jeff


    Erin and me
    I love Erin! :)

    sisters!
    love them

    same shirt, kinda...
    same shirt...kinda

    Alana, Em and me- these ladies are the best.
    Alana, Em and me

    Pi Phis ;)
    Pi Phis!

    The Kolbes
    The Kolbes

    Shirls and Sarah
    Shirls and Sarah

    Leah and Alana
    Leah and Alana

    Shirley and Nate, aren't they the cutest couple?!
    Shirl and Nate

    walking downtown to Hanny's
    walking to Hanny's

    birthday table one!
    table one!

    birthday table two! (still missing a couple of people)
    table two

    Happy birthday Alana!
    H&M <3

    dinner
    dinner

    The Barnas...good people :)
    The Barnas

    me
    meee

    Kati! I love this photo so much.
    Kati 1

    annnd, one of the lovely birthday girls! So pretty.
    pretty birthday girl

    I hope all of you had a wonderful Friday night, whatever you did! I slept in super late this morning, and now I'm off for a day at the salon with Rhonda. Have a great day. :)

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/friday-night-birthday-fun.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List