Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend in Review

    First of all, thank you all SO very much for all of your amazingly heartfelt, sweet, and honest comments on my previous post in regards to anxiety. How wonderful is it that we as women are able to share so easily with each other? It's a beautiful thing and I feel so fortunate to be able to write in this blog and have so many of you partake in it with me. I just wanted to extend a very sincere thank you, and let you all know that your words truly helped me. I read through each one, and I am going to be trying out any and all of the techniques I haven't yet tried, outside of medicine.

    Also, I wanted to take a moment and say hello! and hi! and all that good stuff to the tons of you who commented introducing yourselves! Over the next week I am going to make my way over to all of your blogs, and I'm excited to see your corner of the internet too. :)

    After I completed that blog on Saturday morning I ended up pulling myself out of my low spell. I spent the rest of the day getting a lot of things done (staying busy helped), and my girlfriends arrived later in the evening for a little sleepover. We were all exhausted, so after chit chatting for a bit we headed to sleep, only to wake up around 7am this morning! We all got ready and walked down to St. Micheal's for a really delicious breakfast. Afterward, we headed over to Sarah's for Brenda's baby shower. It was a lot of fun and so, so good to see everyone on such a happy occasion. Brenda is one of my sorority sisters, and we've all been friends since college, lived together, did the whole college thing side by side. She currently lives in California with her husband, adorable Boxer puppy, and will soon have a baby added to the mix. They decided to keep the gender a surprise, so most of her gifts were non-gender specific. I have to hand it to her- I don't know if I could go a whole nine months without finding out! It's so exciting though, and I can't wait to see if "baby Powers" is a boy or girl!

    walking downtown early this morning for breakfast
    downtown

    cuties!
    walking to breakfast

    at St. Micheal's
    breakfast at St. Michael's

    at the shower- beautiful Brenda, the mommy-to-be!
    pretty Mom to be!

    cupcakes, always a hit!
    cupcakes!

    boy or girl?
    love this

    cuute

    Shirls, Alana, and me
    Shirls, me, Alana

    ladies lunching

    such a cute idea

    Erin

    6 weeks (or less) to go!
    6 weeks to go!

    so many presents!

    if it's a girl... ;)
    if it's a girl...

    presents

    the lovely hostesses Megan and Sarah, and the guest of honor! :)
    hostesses with the mostesses (plus Brenda)

    Megan, Bren, Sarah

    It was just such a lovely afternoon. I love attending events in honor of my friends, and I feel so lucky that there always seems to be one around the corner. In fact, this Wednesday I will be attending the wedding of two friends, Lexy and Jason! I'm so excited, and I'm especially looking forward to it because it's not going to be a traditional type of wedding. They're both very artistic (he's a tattoo artist) so I know whatever they come up with will be ultra-original and beautiful. Plus, I can't wait to see a million of my friends in one place. Awesome.

    But, back to today- I came home incredibly exhausted, but when Hank got off work (yes he works Sundays until the summer, yuck!) we decided to get some exercise in so we walked down to the market and did some quick grocery shopping. I had to stop by a few places while he had band practice, and now I am laying low and thinking about my lesson plans for tomorrow. This week should go by really quickly- we have AIMS testing (not fun) but this week my seniors start our book club unit, so that's exciting. It's so crazy how quickly the year has gone by- it seems like just yesterday I was getting to know these kids and now we have less then three months left! It's neat being a teacher in that sense- I get to live a wonderful schedule where there is always a break, an end, a beginning.

    I am going to head to sleep, but before I go I wanted to mention something that one of my readers asked me to share with you all! She works for a non-profit organization that is trying to raise awareness for their cause, and you can click here to learn just what that cause is, and to vote! It takes a second and I know it would mean a lot to her...and you can consider it your good deed for the day. :)

    I hope all of you have an amazing week!

    So much love!

    I love me some freshly bathed Madeline!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/weekend-in-review.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List