Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Monday!

    When my alarm went off this morning, I knew it wasn't going to be the easiest day. Last night Hank had to stay at work pretty late while the tech guys upgraded some new software. Because I was missing him after being in Phoenix all weekend I wanted to stay up for him, so I was still awake when he got home at midnight. We ended up talking and being silly for over an hour, so I didn't even get into bed until 1am. By the time I fell asleep it was almost two, and I had to get up at 6. Yikes! My morning was one of those mornings where everything was annoying (I hate moods like that), but when I got to work my kids immediately put me in the best mood. It's really, really hard to stay irritable when you have so many little smiling faces greeting you when you walk in the door. And I guess 16-year olds aren't so little, but they seem like it to me!

    So yes, my day got a lot better. After work Robyn and I completed a nice outdoor workout, and by the time I got home Hank was off work. We originally were going to cook dinner tonight, but both of us were feeling lazy so we went out and ate dinner. Corn tamale with lots of veggies and beans for me!

    I feel like I am definitely still recovering a bit from my weekend. It wasn't a crazy time by any means, but I feel really exhausted from all of the driving, I guess. Friday night I arrived in Phoenix later in the evening and hung out at my parents and slept for a glorious ten hours that evening. The bed in the guest room that Hank and I always sleep in has the most divine, comfortable bed in it and I always have the best sleep there. When I woke up on Saturday I got ready for Autumn's baby shower, and spent the afternoon with some of my besties. It was so lovely, and if you didn't get a chance to check out that post, you can do so here. After I left Autumn's I had a million errands to run, and I ended up getting home pretty late to my parents'. I came home to Prescott the next day after spending a few hours out and about shopping, and was unpleasantly greeted with very cold weather! I really cannot wait until spring hits our little town. I don't mind winter, but I am much more at home in little sundresses and spring/summer clothing. Just a few more months...

    I also wanted to add that I took the formspring box off. I just felt that it was getting a little out of control. There were so many questions and it took so long to answer them all that it kind of took the fun out of it for me. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all of you taking the time to ask some wonderful questions, but 5 weeks later and so many inquiries answered...I don't think I can bear to do it again! And more so, I know that blogging is really "self-centered" as it is (and I don't mean that in the conceited sense of the word- I mean centered around one's life, etc), but I just felt a little uncomfortable asking so many things about myself, my life, every little detail. Does that make sense? It sounds weird once I type it out but that's the feeling I was getting- this blog is about wonderful me ;) - but it was way too much me me me...for me. haha. I will probably put it up from time to time for short periods, but as always, you can email me or leave a comment if you'd like to ask me anything. My email can be found in the left hand column, toward the top! So again, thanks for all of your participation, love you guys so much.

    The rest of this week will be fairly low key. Hank and I have some around-the-house projects to work on, and I have a couple of Valentine's presents to complete! Top secret, of course. ;) As far as the blog- there are two things I will be posting that I've said I would post last week, but never got around to- a baked tofu recipe and also a book recommendation post. So stay tuuuuned! I'm already looking forward to next weekend. I'm heading down to Phoenix on Friday to spend the evening with my lovely best friends again, this time celebrating Alana and Erin's birthdays! We'll be having dinner in downtown Phoenix, and then doing First Friday. I'm really excited. Then Saturday I'll get to spend the afternoon with my friend Rhonda while she colors my hair (my roots are SO bad right now). I also hope to see Dear John with my sister-in-law...I've posted about it before but I loved the book and I've been looking forward to the movie forever. I hope it's good.

    I'll leave you wonderful friends with some photos from today! Have a super splendid evening.

    today's outfit:

    top: Marc by Marc Jacobs (worn backwards!)
    skirt: Anthropologie
    shoes: Old Navy

    (weird lighting- sorry!)

    daily outfit- sorry for the bad lighting!

    top detail- I love the little bows!

    top detail- love the bows!


    Monday shoes, thanks $7 special at Old Navy last year! :)

    Monday shoes

    Check out these adorable, adorable dolls! Hank and I ordered them from Spitfire Girl. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Click here to visit the shop! The dolls are actually designed by Los Angeles based tattoo artist, Jason Schroder.

    I love them!

    our new little cuties

    Also in great mail today- my friend Courtney sent me this adorable, nautical themed necklace. It was so sweet to receive this as a gift today! Mail is the best, and especially mail with cute jewelry inside! Thanks Courtney. You guys should check out her adorable shop Dolly and Boy Jewelry by clicking here, and say hi to her!

    a wonderful gift I received today...

    Oh, and ps...everyone should go check out my bud James' new website that is officially up and running! Click here to head over to Bleubird Vintage and be prepared to swoon over some of her lovely finds. :)

    Goodnight everyone!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-monday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List