Monday, February 8, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.5

    I am so happy to share the darling Silje's tattoos in this week's Tattoo Tuesday. She is one of the sweetest ladies, and has some of the prettiest tattoos I've ever seen. Plus, we're Russian doll tattoo sisters separated at birth so I'm extra excited to feature her. ;) Thanks again, Silje, for being a part of this weekly feature! xoxo



    Name and blog name:
    Silje. http://www.littlebirdcrafts.blogspot.com/

    Tattoo/location: Tea cup. Right hip/upper thigh

    Artist/shop/location: Shaun Nel. http://shaunnel.com , Super genious tattoo (Seattle, WA)



    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning?

    Shaun was one of the first people I met my first time in the US, we quickly became really good friends, and when I decided to move to Kansas City from Norway, he offered me a place to live. Shaun and I lived and worked together for 4 years. He's done so many of my tattoos over the years, my chest piece, all of my leg tattoos, my hand. At this point I would pretty much let him tattoo me blindfolded.

    The tattoo I'm sharing is my tea cup tattoo, it's a friendship tattoo with my friend Irene, who both Shaun and I worked with in KC. We started thinking about getting a matching tattoo, and since we both love tea, well all three of us really, it wasn't hard to pick what we were gonna get. It was also the last tattoo Shaun did on both of us before he moved to Seattle, and I to Portland.

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? I do! If so, what do you have and where?

    Wow, okay, where to start. I got my first tattoo when I was 17, which I then proceeded to hide from my parents till I turned 18. ...it was lettering across my stomach. Classy tattoos, for a classy lady. Hah!

    I once remember saying I was never gonna get my arms tattooed, well look at me now.
    Since then I am shy one tattoo on my bottom right arm to have full sleeves, my legs are covered, I have a full thigh piece, and enough black in on my side/ribs to fill a bucket.







    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Oh yes, If it was up to me, and money and travel wasn't an issue, I'd get tattooed every week.



    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?

    My family is great, my mom and dad fully support me in any way, they love my tattoos, they see it as art, my dad even said he was proud of me once for sitting through it all. Last year while visiting my grandparents, my grandma, who had told me to cover up , "because I would be cold," when we were going to a dinner party, later told me to take my cardigan off to show off my tattoos to all her friends. Funny stuff. Most of my friends are covered head to toe so I don't think they mind at all ;) As far as negativity, oh yes, I get nasty comments and get judged by people on a daily basis. Try traveling, and standing in line at airport security, and "randomly" get questioned and searched every time.

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    Research, research, research! I can't tell you how many times I have gotten customers who walk in without any idea of what they want even, but are ready to get tattooed right then and there.
    Sit down, think about what you want, and WHO you want to get tattooed by.
    Don't just pick an artist because he or she is giving you a good deal. Spend some time and look through portfolios, make sure the shop is clean, do you feel comfortable with the person doing your tattoo? All these things matter.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/tattoo-tuesday-v5.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List