Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday was a good day.

    Oh, Thursday. I had such a pleasant day at work. My kids were all in good spirits...we're just about to begin a three-day weekend, and we're having a Valentine's Day party tomorrow, so they're all pretty stoked. I so wish I could somehow justify the kids making little mailboxes like in elementary school, but that's a little much. Sometimes I think I should have taught little ones, but at the same time I love this age.

    Thursday outfit post
    (dress- Forever 21, tights- Hue, shoes- Target)

    Thursday shoes!

    Add a cardigan and this dress is pretty great for work :)

    tired face

    Last night Hank, his sister Brooke and I went to their grandma's for our twice-monthly dinner, pie and politics night. We got to talking a little bit, and I realized again how excited I am to be a Mom. It's really my number one "dream" in life, and what I feel like I was put on this earth to do...does that sound weird? When that time comes for us, it's going to be so exciting. I can't wait to be a stay at home mama, I can't wait to have a little family, and I can't wait to see Hank as a Dad! Sorry, haha. It's just such a fun thing to talk/think about...

    After work Hank and I headed over to the gym and had the BEST workout. I'm so proud of him. He's always been athletic- he was a great athlete in high school, he's a phenomenal skateboarder, and when I met him, he was into running. Since he joined my gym and has been dedicated to going with me, he is kicking some major butt, and I know he's sleeping better as well. Yay for Hank! I've always tried not to nag him to get into the gym, so this has been a slow process, but now he wants to go and it happened naturally. I couldn't be happier! It's so nice to be able to have little gym-dates, and I enjoy teaching him how to lift weights and making him a little program to follow. After the gym we headed to Hugo's and brought our dinner home. I was a little bummed because my meal was not what I ordered, but I pushed the rice aside and ended up enjoying it. For some reason I just can't get into Spanish rice. Oh well.

    Thursday dinner

    So, tomorrow is Friday! Awesome. One of Hank's friends Tom is having an artist reception for his ceramic exhibition tomorrow night downtown so we'll head over to that and then probably go to the gym. I love working out on weekend evenings- it's always totally empty.

    A couple of things-

    1) I was browsing online today and was reminded of something so fun and reminiscent of my childhood...Penny from PeeWee's Playhouse! I posted this on Facebook and Twitter (see my links on my left sidebar if you'd like to add/follow me), and I had a blast watching these old videos. Do you remember her? So cute.





    2) "Sweet Avenue" by Jets to Brazil is one of my ALL-TIME favorite songs (and favorite, favorite bands). I was searching my itunes for romantic songs and listened to it a couple (okay, ten) times. To me, it's one of the most romantic songs in the world. Every time I hear it, I am transported back to our wedding, when Hank and I shared such an amazing moment dancing to it. It was weird, because for so long (since 1998 when the record came out), I'd always imagined dancing to this song at my wedding. And then when I was in that moment, when this little daydream came into fruition, it was one of the most beautiful, surreal things I've ever experienced. If you've never heard this song, watch these videos (under the lyrics), but be sure to buy/download the entire album "Orange Rhyming Dictionary" by Jets to Brazil...this is also one of my all-time favorite albums, haha. But as far as "Sweet Avenue," which is the last track on the record, the lyrics are so beautiful. If you've never heard it, let me know what you think!

    tasting you in rain I walk down to the train
    try not to look down
    this day could some day be an anniversary
    everything is light and sound
    facing forwards going slowly wait for you to show me
    where this train wants to go
    living by the hour I stop for every flower
    everything is soft and slow
    now all these tastes improve through the view that comes with you
    like they handed me my life
    for the first time it felt right
    thank you for making me see there's a life in me
    it was dying to get out
    holding you we make two spoons beneath an April moon
    everything is soft and sweet
    this cigarette it could seduce
    a nation with its smoke
    crawling down my tired throat
    scratches part of me that's purring
    softly stirring
    I'm a captain of industry smoking famously
    feet up on the windowsill
    look at all these trees I feel affinity with
    everything so soft and still
    budding at my fingertips
    touching you I start to bloom
    alive with trains and passing ships
    soft and sweet along your lips now
    I go "oh wow"
    thank you for taking me from my monastery
    I was dying to get out
    with tears of gratitude
    I like my latitude
    cross town train to you
    now all these tastes improve
    through the view that comes with you
    like they handed me my life for the first time it felt worth it
    like I deserved it.



    I included this one too, so you can hear a non-live version. :)



    I am going to spend the rest of the night reading, but I made a playlist that I hope all of you enjoy! Once I starting making it I went kind of crazy so there are quite a few songs! I'd love to know which are your favorite...I really love the first one- the lyrics are so adorable. Enjoy and have a great night. :)


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursday-was-good-day.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List