Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday thoughts

    hey, tired!

    Today was a good day at work, despite me waking up ONE HOUR late! Ahh! My alarm went off at 6:15am, and I promptly turned it off in my sleep and went right back to bed. I naturally woke up around 7:15 or so which was not good at all, since today was definitely a hair-washing day...and since I already go until the last possible day with doing that, today was day three and kind of pushing the envelope with inappropriately "dirty" hair. So I whipped out my favorite dry shampoo in a frenzy (read one of my blogs about the product here) and starting trying to attempt to fix the semi-greasy mess. Eventually it was to my liking, I quickly put on some makeup and got dressed, grabbed my packed lunch and a banana/oatmeal packet for breakfast...and headed to work around 7:45. Like anyone, I really hate being late in the morning and having that panicky feeling! I mean, who doesn't? But when I got to work it was a pretty good day. It went by really quickly and I found myself home and napping before I knew it!

    On my prep hour, I was researching some love poems for a lesson I'm presenting on Thursday, and I got to thinking about the upcoming holiday. I love Valentine's Day! Hank and I are the type of couple that adores any chance to celebrate our love. Many people say that they "don't need specified date out of the year to do that," and I say, "why not?!" When I was little, my Dad would always have Valentine's gifts waiting for my sister and I when we woke up that morning. I specifically remember heart-shaped boxes of candy, little stuffed animals, and always, always a cute card with a sweet message inside. As I got older, the gifts and cards didn't stop, and it may sound silly, but in my teen years when I didn't have a Valentine, receiving these tokens from my father always made me feel a lot better and really special. I'll never forget the first year I was living in Prescott with Hank, my Dad sent me a card that said I would always be his Valentine, even when I already had one. So sweet. Isn't my Dad adorable? :)

    dad and me again

    This year, Hank and I will be walking down to dinner at our local, downtown (favorite) Indian restaurant, Taj Mahal. During the day I am planning on making some sweet treats for us to enjoy when we get home. I'm torn between a rasberry pie with heart cut outs, or heart-shaped brownie sandwiches. Hmmm...

    Tonight Hank has been doing tons of Math homework (YUCK) and I've been getting things done around the house. I hope all of you had a great start to the week! Stay tuned for Tattoo Tuesday, which will be posting at midnight. :)

    I also want to wish one of my best friends, little Miss Suki Su aka Sarah Muller, a very happy birthday at midnight (February 9th). She's the belle of my ball, and truly the sweetest little thing I know. I've written many posts about her- click here and here to visit a couple of them- and I just love her to pieces!

    So, happy birthday Suki! I love love love you and I'm so happy you were born! ;)

    Happy birthday Suki!


    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/monday-thoughts.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List