Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday- I don't like the term "hump day!"

    Wednesday

    I am so happy you all have been enjoying reading about the couples I've featured on my blog this week! I was originally going to just have them share 5 secrets to a wonderful relationship, but then decided background was necessary. I'm really glad I decided to include that, because it's been so fun reading all the little details of these beautiful love stories! Thanks for all the feedback. I finally got caught up on my Google Reader this morning, and I wanted to direct you over to the lovely Rachel's blog, Smile and Wave. She is featuring little "love notes" from some of her friends- I read them all this morning and really enjoyed them. So if you don't already read Rachel's blog you should head over and check it out! I love other people's love stories so much! I also should tell you that part of my last feature (Jeff and Rachel) was unfortunately cut off. I just added a LOT more to their post, so please please click here or scroll down to check it out.

    Today's been a funny day. When I left for work there were a few clouds in the sky, nothing major...but an hour or two passed and the sky darkened up within minutes. Soon after, big, white flakes started falling, and sticking! Immediately there were announcements over the intercom about spring sports tryouts being canceled, club meetings being postponed...and now, an hour later, the crazy snow stopped and it's perfectly sunny outside. So who knows what's going on!

    I'm currently on a break from work- I have to head back in a little bit for a faculty meeting, and then I'll be heading to the gym afterward. Some days I have to search a little to find motivation, but lately I've been looking forward to working out everyday. I really attribute this to mixing my routine up between long runs outside and great gym time, and lots of lifting. Do you have a routine you do in terms of working out? For me, I like to lift 4-5 days a week and do cardio 5-6 days, but something active on my rest days too. More than anything, it helps keep to sane and happy! Working out is my anti-depressant for sure. Without it, I feel totally out of sorts.

    I am really, really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. Due to President's Day, it's a 3-day weekend! I don't have many plans except to finally see Dear John and to finish organizing our guest room closet, and frame/hang a couple of prints. Fun! I also just started a couple of books and I plan on finishing them-

    Best Friends Forever- A Novel, written by Jennifer Weiner (click on any of the book images below to view them on amazon.com)




    This book looks good so far. I downloaded the free sample to my Kindle and was intriqued from the beginning, so I decided to make the purchase. I'm only about 8% done so far (I know this thanks to the handy little bar at the bottom of the Kindle), but I like it. It's more of a "beachy" read, which I always really enjoy. I typically go between a couple of different genres- I read a lot of non-fiction, usually memoirs or biographies, or sociology-based books. I also tend to gravitate towards books about health and cookbooks. Another genre I'm usually enjoying at any given time would be the broad "classics" genre. I enjoy reading books like these, either to find out why they're considered classics, or just because I enjoy them. And then I of course love reading "beach" reads- chick-lit type books that make me feel like I'm reading a magazine. This type of genre is really fun for me, especially since I'm usually reading more serious things at work all day. I'm also type of reader who is in between about 3 books at any given time. Are any of you like this? I think this stems from those aforementioned library trips (click here to read that entry) and coming home with such a huge pile of books I was dying to read. I couldn't bear to just read one and ignore the others, so I would make my way through all of them at once. Crazy, I know!

    The second book on my list is Fall To Pieces: A Memoir of Drugs, Rock 'n' Roll, and Mental Illness, by Mary Forsberg Weiland (ex-wife of Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots)




    I read a LOT of memoirs, and I chose this one because I read about it in a magazine. I haven't started it yet, but it's gotten pretty good reviews and I'm excited to see what it's all about.

    From Publisher's Weekly:

    Weiland's lively, vernacular memoir tells the sadly wasted but ultimately self-directed tale of her meteoric rise as a model from impoverished, half-Mexican roots to a precipitous plunge into drug addiction. Growing up in a broken Southern California home in the 1980s, where she lived mostly with her working Mexican mother in near poverty, the author, née Forsberg, found autonomy and financial independence early on in modeling; by age 14 she was a finalist for a Seventeen magazine modeling contest and traveling to New York; by 16, she had quit school, been legally emancipated and booked overseas jobs. She also became infatuated with aspiring rock and roller Scott Weiland, who was briefly her driver, and as he became hugely successful with his band, Stone Temple Pilots, he slid into heroin addiction and dragged her along with him. He was also involved with another woman, and the author's account is a painful re-enactment of her youthful abasement. From partying scene to junkie desperation to psychiatrist's office, jail and rehab, Forsberg Weiland battled her demons, learning with some surprise that she suffered from bipolar disorder. Having two children with Scott turned her around, though her marriage crumbled when he didn't change. Weiland's forthright, resilient can-do spirit injects this sad story with a healthy moral.

    Sounds pretty interesting, huh?

    The third book I began this week is called Mommywood, by Tori Spelling. Yes, that Tori Spelling! ;)



    My sister recommended this book to me, and I've always adored every book recommendation she's made, so I thought I would give it a try. I really like it so far, since I actually kinda-sorta love Ms. Spelling. The book is as the title suggests- all about living as a Mom in Hollywood, and in the public eye. The writing is easy to follow and pretty silly at times, but I am definitely enjoying it.

    I will let you know what I think about these books when I finish them, hopefully by the end of the weekend.

    I hope all of you are having a great day! Before I go I wanted to give you a heads up on the rest of the week here at Sometimes Sweet. You'll be seeing a few more couples feature posts, a much-requested "what's in my bag post," a recipe for Valentine's sweets, and an outfit or two! I have a lot of fun things planned for this blog over the next few weeks, and I'm excited to share them with you. Annd...a giveaway may be one of those things!
    Have a beautiful evening.



    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/02/wednesday-i-don-like-term-day.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List