Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Slice of...Salt Lake City, UT


    Hello everyone and thank you to Danielle for letting me share a little bit about my city! My name is Danielle,I'm 25 and live in Salt Lake City, Utah with my husband and 3 dogs. I moved here when I was 6 years old, moved to Portland, OR when I was 18 (at which point I swore up and down I would never move back to Utah) and moved back to Utah when I was 22. The first time I lived here I didn't appreciate all the good things Utah has to offer and focused on the bad, but now that I'm back, and will most likely be here for awhile, I have decided to make the best of it. Most people know Utah as the Mormon state but there is so much more to it than that. Whether you love the outdoors or are more of a city person there is something for everyone.


    Salt lake is located at the base of the Rockey Mountains and pretty much wherever you are in the valley you are 30-45 minutes from home to hiking or sitting on the lift at one of the local resorts. I love every season Utah has to offer and each season the mountains have something new to offer. Husband and I love to go hiking and camping during the summer because we can hurry and pack after work and within an hour we are setting up our campsite.


    I love that there are 4 seasons here, even though spring and fall are really short I still love the couple weeks we get and fall has to be my absolute favorite time of year. The trees are beautiful, plus cooler weather equals sweaters and Halloween. It's also the perfect time to go camping at the different hot spring locations.


    Husband and I love to eat, but we are probably 2 of the pickiest people you will ever meet. A couple years ago my bestie introduced me to a little diner up one the canyons and it was instantly my new favorite! It's called Ruth's Diner and was opened back in the 1930's by a woman who didn't quite fit in with the Utah crowd so she moved an old box car up the canyon and became a popular truck stop. They serve glorified diner food and everything is delicious, I 've never ordered something I didn't like. Plus they have deep fried macaroni and cheese, and who doesn't love that!


    Keeping with the food theme one of the my other fave spots in the valley is My Dough girl. It's a cute little cookie shop that has amazing cookies and each cookie is given a pin up girl name. The little shop is decorated in 1940's pin up girl style and it's just lovely. They have the basics like chocolate chip and peanut butter but they also have


    Salt Lake it also pretty close (relatively speaking) to red rock country. Within a matter of hours you go from the Rockey Mountains to the Red Rock Desert and repel down a 90 ft free fall in a canyon that most people will never see. The canyons are absolutely breathtaking and a complete change of scenery from the valley where I live.


    The Great Salt Lake is known for being about 50 times saltier than the Dead Sea! Shallow enough that you can walk out onto it for miles, it is one of the sights that makes Utah unique. Kayaking out on the lake is quiet and peaceful, and you really can't find anything thing like it!


    Shoot The Tube is fun, but you have to do it hush hush! The huge snow drainage pipe that runs under the freeway can be blocked up until the water runs high and makes for the largest water slide you've ever experienced.Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/04/slice-ofsalt-lake-city-ut.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive