Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.65


    Name/blog name:
    Hillary // hillaryanne.tumblr.com

    Age:
    23

    Occupation:
    Office Manager at a Pet Food Company

    Age of first tattoo: 19

    Favorite tattoo:
    Belle gypsy head

    Featured tattoo/location: "Nothing's Impossible" Doorknob from Disney's 'Alice in Wonderland' on my right outer bicep

    Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo:
    Andy Spreeuwers at 8 Sins in Columbia, SC



    1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    My entire right arm is all dedicated to (mostly) classic Disney animated movies. I've always loved Alice in Wonderland and I really try to live by the whole "Nothing's Impossible" phrase.

    Alice:  I simply must get through!
    Doorknob:  Sorry, you are much too big! Simply impassible.
    Alice:  You mean impossible?
    Doorknob:  No, impassible. Nothings Impossible.

    It's taken me a long time to get to the point where I truly believe in myself and the that the things that I want out of life are achievable- but I'm here and I am so happy.


    2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where? 


    my right arm- Belle in the style of a gypsy head, mad hatters hat and doorknob with "nothing's impossible" banner as well as the dancing/singing pansies from Alice in Wonderland, "ellie badge"/grape soda bottlecap from 'Up!', dancing mouse princess toy from The Great Mouse Detective, Cinderella's glass slipper, a crown, fork with a "dingle hopper" banner from The Little Mermaid, Chip from Beauty and the Beast, poison apple from Snow White, Cinderella's bird friends, Cinderella's glass slipper, Aladdin's genie lamp, The Beast's enchanted rose, and a Prince Charming.

     
     
     
     
     
     

    "half agony, half hope" in Jane Austens handwriting on my right rib (from 'Persuasion')


    'Moppelein' and poinsettias on my left wrist which means 'little one' in german and was my Opa's nickname for me. I got this tattoo a little bit after he passed away back in 2006, it's been re-done since then because it was a cheap and terrible quality tattoo, but I'm happy with it now.

    I also have a little heart on my foot that I got the day my best friend moved to Portland. Cheeeesy!

    3) Do you plan on getting more? 


    I have an appointment to get the rest of my arm outlined and one for color coming up! and after that I have plans for my left thigh (a Harry Potter piece) and right calf (I am seriously getting a Days of Our Lives piece in honor of my Granny.) I've promised my Mom I won't venture onto my other arm (well... yet... I really want to do a Greek Mythology sleeve..)



    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? 


    My mom and my aunt and uncle are the only people in my family that know about my arm and they aren't necessarily happy with it- but I don't really catch any flack from them very often, if at all. My grandmother is a little old German lady who is very traditional and definitely against tattoos and only likes the one shes seen on my wrist because it is for my grandfather. I live in a smaller city and there isn't really a surplus of tattooed folks here, but I don't really get too much negative attention. I had an old man tell me while I was getting my oil changed that I've ruined my natural beauty.. pfft.. and I've had some non-tattooed friends joke about things like I will never find a husband or be in their wedding party, but I really don't take any of that to heart and it doesn't offend me if someone is negative. Its my body, I love the art, and when it comes down to it- there's nothing anyone can say to discourage me from doing what I want to do.


    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?


    Really put some thought into it, but go for it! Just do your research and go to a real artist. Don't go to someone because they will "cut you a deal" because most of the time, like a million other people have said, good tattoos are not cheap tattoos. I know that firsthand! And for the people who say to you "think about what youre going to look like at 60!" ... You'll look old, wrinkly, very colorful and totally awesome.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/04/tattoo-tuesday-v65.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive