Thursday, April 21, 2011

XL Sponsor Highlight Post


    Good morning everyone!

    Today I'm super excited to share a little bit more about my XL sponsor for the month, the darling Rachel! I've known Rachel via this big blog world for some time now, and I've enjoyed learning about her through her wonderful site "Life in a Dreamboat." Here's a bit from Rachel herself:

    Hello Sometimes Sweet readers! I'm Rachel, and 'life in a dreamboat' is a personal, work-in-progress blog of mine that I'm using to document my creative journey, share stories, post recipes, and inspire other like-minded individuals! I live in Toronto, Canada, where I work a "9 to 5" type day job, and work on my small budding business, dreamboat designs, in my down time. I'm constantly inspired by living in a busy city with so many attractions and people. Please stop by and say hello!

    I also thought it would be fun to shoot a few questions Rachel's way-

    Tell us a little about yourself and your blog:

    My name is Rachel (or Rach to some), and I'm a corporate 9-5 er by day, and crafter/small business owner/freelance makeup artist by night.  I live for design, fashion, photography, colour, and city life.  My blog, "life in a dreamboat", is a new-ish thing for me, and I've realized it is the most fun way for me to document my creative process as well as other social aspects of my life in an outlet that I can share with my family, friends, and other bloggers!  I like to post about all sorts of things, so I'd love for you to stop by and find something that interests you :)

    What inspires you?

    I can find myself inspired almost anywhere!  Anything from walking down the street, a great conversation, a touching song, to spending 6 months living in another country (which I did last year), and everything in between.  I think if you're in the right mindset you can be inspired by just about anything.  I always try to write things down when something inspires me, so I can save the moment on paper and find a way to apply it creatively into my life.

    If you had the opportunity to tell your 15-year old self anything, what would you tell her?

    First I would tell her that one day she will look back on the things she thought were just the biggest deal in the world, and laugh, because everything is relative to where you are in life.  Second, I would tell her to soak everything in.  Every new adventure, and every new person she meets will shape how she is in the future.  And lastly, I would let my 15 year old self know that she will still have the same best friends 10 years from now, and never to take their friendship for granted because they will be some of the most important women in her life when she grows up!

    Name the first five beautiful things you see right now:

    The first five beautiful things around me?
    The warm spring sunlight pouring into my window at the moment,
    My neighbours kids making side walk chalk art,
    The floral lace dress I just bought hanging in my closet,
    Freshly cut gerbera daisies,
    & The most amazing colourful quilt that was handmade for me sitting at the end of my bed!

     


    Thanks Rachel for being a part of Sometimes Sweet this month! 

    And to my wonderful readers, thank you for checking out the darling Rachel- I know you'll enjoy her blog, so pop on over and say hello!
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/04/xl-sponsor-highlight-post.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive