Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.66


    Name and blog name: Becca, lolitadgaf.tumblr.com

    Age: 25

    Occupation: Waitress/Student

    Age of first tattoo: 17, I got a bumble bee on my left foot while I was still in highschool. My mom bought it for me for being on honor roll at school.

    Favorite tattoo:
    My favorite would either be the owl on my upper arm, or the flapper-eque lady on my lower right arm.

    Featured tattoo/location: Flapper lady, lower right arm.

    Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo:
    Amanda Wamprecht at Pushing Ink Tattoo, in Mount Healthy, Ohio.


    1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    I don't really have a deep meaning behind any of my tattoos, I just kinda get things as they come to me. With this one, I contacted Amanda who had done some work on a friend of mine, and asked her how she felt about doing a traditional style portrait of a 1920's style flapper, and she was super excited. She drew up rough sketches and would send me updates every few days until she had it perfect. She was really amazing about everything I wanted to include, like the peacock feather in her hair. She did the entire thing in one four hour sitting. It was great, she brought "Children of the Corn" in and put it on for me to watch and we just chatted while she worked. It was so fun to be tattooed by a girl.

    2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where? 

    I have a bumble bee on my left foot
    a shooting star on my side that I have with my mom (she has a matching one)
    xfiles tattoo on my shoulder
    flapper lady
    a treble clef
    roses
    compass
    an owl
    annnd a piece of cheese on the back of my arm that says 'Sharp' it's my best friend's last name.





    3) Do you plan on getting more? 

    I have a few in the works right now that I'm talking to a few tattoo artists about. I'm wanting a phonograph on my left arm, and a suitcase somewhere as well. I also really want my chest and legs done soon too, I just haven't figured out what I want to put where.



    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

    My family has long since understood that I'm the family 'weirdo' haha, but they don't really give me any grief about it. The only thing that I've had to deal with about my tattoos is that I have to cover them at work. But at school and when I go out I just get complimented like crazy, and I get the occasional "did that hurt?"

    I have a boyfriend, Steven, who I've been dating for two and a half years. He actually doesn't have a single tattoo and he doesn't plan on getting any. He says that they aren't for him, but he likes mine and I usually run my ideas by him before I get them done.


    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    The only advice I really have is to not be scared. It hurts, but it's obviously not unbearable. And make sure that it's something that you want to live with forever. And always think about location. I wouldn't start out by getting things in highly visible areas until you're sure that you want to commit to it.

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/04/tattoo-tuesday-v66.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive