Tuesday, May 24, 2011

hello/hi

    practicing with our new nikon D60

    practicing with our new nikon D60

    enjoying the sun

    It's Monday evening and my friend Adie just left from one of my most favorite kind of nights- Bachelorette nights!  Last season we started watching The Bachelor together, and it's just so much more fun to watch it with someone else. We have a great time pausing the show every 10 minute to girl talk, giggle, and laugh at ourselves as we realize we both have the chills during the music montage. Nerds? You betcha!  But to be honest, I really enjoy these silly shows. I'm also a huge fan of the Real Housewives, NJ and the OC namely, but I watch all of them regularly (okay, religiously). No shame in my game! ;)

    So tonight was a fun, low-key night, in a great run of low-key nights due to Hank getting his wisdom teeth out. It's been so nice having him home for three straight days, and while recuperating on the couch (and me keeping him company), we decided to get into a new show.  I use the term "get into" because when we get into a show, we really get into it. We kind of get obsessed and end up watching at least 3 episodes in one sitting everytime. In our pre-baby days we've been known to watch entire seasons in one weekend!  In fact, there was a time, years ago when we were right int the middle of watching Season 2 of Lost, and Hank was really sick and just wanted to sleep. I, in my Lost craze, forced him to stay awake and keep watching episodes well into the night- like literally making sure he didn't fall asleep so we could power through it! We still laugh about it today.  But this weekend we finally watched the first episode of Sons of Anarchy and now we are totally hooked (and on episode 13). It's just that good! And as far as Hank's recovery, he's doing very well. He's still in a bit of pain, but nothing major and he ended up forgoing any pain medication. Tough cookie!

    So, we spent the majority of our weekend watching SOA, figuring out how we could make the same old soft food options not so boring, and doing stuff around the house. This is our birthday week and I am beyond excited to spend some time with my family and friends. Saturday evening is Shirley's fiance's 30th birthday get-together (details are a surprise so I can't share yet), but I can't wait to see everyone. Then Sunday is my birthday, next Tuesday is our anniversary, and Wednesday is Hank's birthday. Crazy, right? So many celebrations.

    In other news, Henry is officially 6 months as of yesterday! I'm looking forward to posting his 6 month post later this week, and I just can't get over how much he's changed in such a short time! I'm sad about how quickly time has gone by, but also excited because each stage seems to be better than the last.

    I also have to say how strange it is to not have the summer vacation excitement I've had for my entire life up until now. From almost as far back as I can remember I've either been a student, or more recently, a teacher.  I think it's almost safe to say that the summer anticipation as a teacher is even more intense than when I was a student. But either way, it's bizarre for it to be "just summer." This week is the last week of school and right about now I'd be so happy about the freedom I was about to experience. I loved my job, but having three months off to do as you please after working for 9 months straight? There's nothing sweeter. Summer anticipation, I miss you! Although this life is so much better, it's the little things like that that creep up on me and make me miss those days just a bit.

    But with summer in mind, there is still so much to look forward to!  I feel like there are so many things I want to do and places I want us to go. If only we ALL had a teacher's schedule, right? I wish.

    On that note, off to bed! It's just about midnight. xoxoSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/05/hellohi.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive